How can I use my iPhone 6 in conjunction with MacBook Pro?

shockjay

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
Use iPhone 6 in conjunction with MacBook Pro

What are some ways I can use my iPhone 6 in conjunction with my MacBook Pro? For example, how can I make a phone call if my phone is connected?

Thanks in advance for all suggestions!

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: Use iPhone 6 in conjunction with MacBook Pro

What are some ways I can use my iPhone 6 in conjunction with my MacBook Pro? For example, how can I make a phone call if my phone is connected?

Thanks in advance for all suggestions!

How to Set Up Continuity Phone Calls On Your Mac and iOS 8 Device

Using Continuity phone calls requires all your devices are logged in with the same Apple ID. Make sure they are and then perform the follow steps:

On You Mac:
  1. Open FaceTime (you can find it in Launchpad or in the Applications folder).
  2. In the Menu bar at the top of the screen select FaceTime>Preferences.
  3. In the preferences window make sure iPhone Cellular Calls is checked.

On Your iOS device:
  1. In the Settings app tap FaceTime.
  2. Toggle the iPhone Cellular Calls switch to the on position.

Once both these settings are enabled the first time your Mac and iOS device are on the same network you’ll be prompted to enter a code that appears on your Mac into your iPhone. This is a security measure ensuring your phone calls aren’t being routed to the wrong Mac. Once you’ve entered this code once, you’re good to go. The next time you receive a call on your iPhone you’ll get a notification on your Mac and can simply click the notification to take the call. You can also make calls from the FaceTime app or by clicking on any phone number links in mail messages, web pages, and your contacts.

How to Set Up Continuity Messaging On Your Mac and iOS 8 Device

To enable "Text Message Forwarding", both (all) devices must be signed into the same iCloud account and connected to the same WiFi network. You set the SMS Message Forwarding from your iPhone:

You must be running Yosemite (10.10) or higher on your Mac, and iOS 8.1 on your iOS devices. And one of the iOS devices MUST be an iPhone (running iOS 8.1 or higher).

1. Make sure both (all) devices are signed into the same iCloud account
2. Make sure both (all) devices are on the same WiFi network
3. Make sure both (all) devices have the iCloud account checked (active) in the Send & Receive setting
4. Go to Settings > Messages
5. Tap Text Message Forwarding
6. Turn on forwarding for the computers/tablets that you want to use
7. Each computer/tablet will get a popup with a 6 digit code
8. Enter that code on your iPhone to activate the Text Message Forwarding on that computer/tablet

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2