Mac Pro Desktop G5 PPC
I am new to the mac world and need some help please I have a G5 PPC desktop Mac. When it boots and I hold down option key it takes me to a boot menu and I do not see the hard drive or cd or anything.
The hard drive is empty and I need to reinstall OS 10.4 on it but I am having a heck of time getting anything to work. I do have a mac laptop that is intel based since 10.4 will work for intel or PPC if I plug and external hard drive to it and load OS 10.4 then plug it into my PPC will it boot or will it see it an intel edition of 10.4 and go no no no?
Any help to get this old desktop alive again would be thankful.
- 11-08-2015, 06:43 PM #2iMore Newbie
- 23 Posts
Re: Mac Pro Desktop G5 PPC
If you have an OS X CD then insert it, boot and hold down the "C" key when booting. If you don't have a CD, try Apple on 1-800 767 2775 and tell them the specs and you could buy a cd from them.
I doubt very much it will will work with an intel OS X because the PPC code will be missing
- By AnBad in forum iOS 9Replies: 9Last Post: 11-26-2015, 11:20 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6sReplies: 2Last Post: 11-09-2015, 06:26 PM
- By iMore Question in forum MacBook ProReplies: 1Last Post: 11-08-2015, 08:07 PM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-08-2015, 12:45 PM
- By gambiton in forum MacBook ProReplies: 1Last Post: 11-07-2015, 10:00 AM