2 iCloud accounts and 1 photos database

pank

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, well after jumping ship for a few years and being over at the android forums i'm back on iOS and loving it 👍

The one thing I'm sad to see is that Apple still seems to be struggling a bit with the iCloud account features.

Here's the long story short, I have an iCloud account which houses all of our photos. I originally had it on a shared network drive and would just import my wife's phone's photos, my photos from my phone etc. to the one master database. With the android set up it was fairly simple, I just use dropbox automatically upload all photos then I would just copy them over manually.

Now that I'm back on iOS I actually paid for the cloud storage, mainly just for backup but also for what I thought would be ease of use. I have all my devices logged into my iCloud account so everything is automatically uploaded and syncs perfectly. The problem now is going to be when my wife gets her iPhone she's not going to be able to have her photos automatically upload to the master database if she's signed in to her own iCloud account. I'm aware of and have tested out the family sharing but it isn't a true way of importing the photos to the master database.

The only thing I could think of would be to sign her devices in under my account first and then just sign her in as a secondary iCloud account but I don't think that would work best for the device? I guess I'm just really surprised that I can't just add a second iCloud account after hers and have the option to turn the photos on and choose which photos account to use. I've been away from iOS for a few years, am I missing something with this? Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

pank

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Just bumping, sorry but I'd be surprised if I'm the only one with this issue. Again any help is greatly appreciated.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77