Can online imei unlock bypass activation screen

yesoyaso

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I have a locked iPhone 5 to refors and haven't activated it I I do an imei unlock from Rogers official does it bypass the activation screen or does it have to be already activated
iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.3

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Unlocking just allows you to activate with other SIM cards besides the one it's locked to. It's not bypassing the activation screen. What exactly are you trying to do?

yasoyeso

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
i have a locked iphone to rogers but i havent got passed the activation screen and i dont have the sim cuz im in another country does online imei unlock bypass that screen or do i have to get an unlock sim

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
There are some unlock SIM modifiers, like Gevey. They perform the same task as IMEI.

You need a SIM with a service your phone will accept to get past that activation screen. I don't believe "hacktivation" was ever worked out for the 5. That was a software fix to get around the activation screen.

Nextrealdeal

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue, I bought a used iPhone 4S AT&T iOS 7 and it was in activation mode and since it was not unlocked it wouldn't activate with the sim card that I had from Solavei, so I purchased a new sim card from AT&T on E-bay for $2.49 and put in on it to pass the activation screen and I was able to use all the features on the phone with wi fi until I can unlock it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2