iphone 4s sound problem

Randy Roberts

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Wife's iphone4s has sound for calls coming in or keystroke...but plays no sound for music or you tube. Any suggestions that don't involve resetting the entire phone?

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Wife's iphone4s has sound for calls coming in or keystroke...but plays no sound for music or you tube. Any suggestions that don't involve resetting the entire phone?

Since you're posting in the jailbreak section I'm gonna assume she's jb, what tweaks did she install recently that may be conflicting and causing the issue?

Alan Dasher

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Its not a jailbreak problem my wifes done the same thing. Dirt debris moisture or even makeup from being in purse or pocket or bathroom counter while taking shower caused the pin in charging/sync port to short together and phone assumes it is in docking mode. best thing we found was cleaning dock with qtip with a small amount of alcohol while phone is powered off. it magically got fixed during vacation while being left outside in the sun... so good luck

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Its not a jailbreak problem my wifes done the same thing. Dirt debris moisture or even makeup from being in purse or pocket or bathroom counter while taking shower caused the pin in charging/sync port to short together and phone assumes it is in docking mode. best thing we found was cleaning dock with qtip with a small amount of alcohol while phone is powered off. it magically got fixed during vacation while being left outside in the sun... so good luck

Before ignoring potential problems, you should be aware that there is rarely ONE possible solution and only the one. If there's more than one solution, your post was half useful and half garbage. It could be one of many things to include a malfunctioning tweak or a "magix" fix. Without having worked on the phone, it's irresponsible to dismiss possible fixes. Make a point to avoid that in the future.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2