Calling out the Jail Break Guru's

ConeBone69

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm having a difficult time trying to hide a certain app from Cydia. The app "iBlacklist" is one of the best apps available in Cydia and it does a good job of hiding itself (Change of name, Change of icon, fake password to open up a different app).

I came across a greater challenge on trying to hide this app. Right now its hidden via SBsettings, change of name, change of icon but the app is still listed in my "manage" folder inside the Cydia app. My question is, how can I keep my app hidden AND not have it show up in the "manage" folder within Cydia.

The app is hidden from everywhere else except being listed in my Cydia "manage" folder with the other Cydia app's ive installed listed.

Help me

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm having a difficult time trying to hide a certain app from Cydia. The app "iBlacklist" is one of the best apps available in Cydia and it does a good job of hiding itself (Change of name, Change of icon, fake password to open up a different app).

I came across a greater challenge on trying to hide this app. Right now its hidden via SBsettings, change of name, change of icon but the app is still listed in my "manage" folder inside the Cydia app. My question is, how can I keep my app hidden AND not have it show up in the "manage" folder within Cydia.

The app is hidden from everywhere else except being listed in my Cydia "manage" folder with the other Cydia app's ive installed listed.

Help me

I can honestly say this is a request I have never heard before. Can I ask why you want to keep it installed but not in your Cydia list? Depending on what the reasons are there may be other options.

ConeBone69

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I can honestly say this is a request I have never heard before. Can I ask why you want to keep it installed but not in your Cydia list? Depending on what the reasons are there may be other options.

I want the app installed but not to appear in my manage folder so it can be completely hidden from anyone who looks at my manage folder (gf, etc). I deleting the app and then restoring using the "apt back up" from cydia to recover the iBlacklist but then it pops back up in the manage folder within Cydia.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
I want the app installed but not to appear in my manage folder so it can be completely hidden from anyone who looks at my manage folder (gf, etc). I deleting the app and then restoring using the "apt back up" from cydia to recover the iBlacklist but then it pops back up in the manage folder within Cydia.

I do not believe there is a way to remove it from ur manage folder in Cydia if its installed thru Cydia.

ridiculocity

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
You could possible write to the devs and get the deb file and install it via ifile. Not sure if that would make it not appear in Cydia tho.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
You could possible write to the devs and get the deb file and install it via ifile. Not sure if that would make it not appear in Cydia tho.

Manually installed files still appear in your Cydia lists. As someone else said the easiest/safest thing would be to lock/hide the Cydia app if that's an option. Obviously if the 2nd person is actively looking for Cydia this isn't a great solution. But anything else, I think, would involve going in an modifying code inside of some part of Cydia, which could have some unintended consequences.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711