Auxo 1.3.3 fixes memory leak... can anyone confirm?

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I emailed the author who stated that 1.3.3 should have fixed the memory leak that is commonly reported about Auxo. Can anyone confirm if that version fixed this problem?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I use the app but I don't monitor my memory. They way I look at it is if the phone is running fine, I don't care. Mine has been running fine with all previous versions of auxo.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I use the app but I don't monitor my memory. They way I look at it is if the phone is running fine, I don't care. Mine has been running fine with all previous versions of auxo.

I would second that. I have never noticed any problems associated with Auxo. One of my favorite tweaks...

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I would second that. I have never noticed any problems associated with Auxo. One of my favorite tweaks...

Hmm. Noted on both accounts. I'm waiting to see if 3cit chimes in here because I think he's a huge Auxo detractor and I'm reading about others who've determined Auxo caused their memory leaks. I like the idea of the app and it's features so maybe I'll give it a try given the wild and carefree perspective shared by Garz and sherlock :cool:

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I haven't put it back yet, I'll probably do it tomorrow, and if it's not leaking memory, I'll probably stick with it! Cuz it's a great concept, and very pretty!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
lol I was considering it when I first saw the video but like you said it's just pretty I'm not sure I want it on my phone if it's just pretty.

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
lol I was considering it when I first saw the video but like you said it's just pretty I'm not sure I want it on my phone if it's just pretty.

I think having SBSettings could lower the utility of Auxo for some. But, I like swiping away apps to close them and having a list of apps that stay open even if I do a universal background app kill. Having a nice and friendly graphical interface is a bonus. Just downloaded and installed and really like what it has to offer. The overall utility of it remains to be seen. But, so far, I think it offers more than "just pretty" for my mileage :)

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I haven't put it back yet, I'll probably do it tomorrow, and if it's not leaking memory, I'll probably stick with it! Cuz it's a great concept, and very pretty!

Even after feedback from others I remain unclear exactly how I will tell if an app is leaking memory. If you believe the latest version is still doing so, I'd be very interested to know.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lakeland Ghost