broken jailbreak

kris2112

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Here it is from the top; I jailebroke my iphone 4 because it got water damage in the home button & it would't function.
So i jailbroke the phone to get Activation app. It worked great until I got delete happy & deleted somthing from Cydia I should't
have. As a result all my phone will do is show a black screen or an apple when it's pluged in, it will make no sound & no viberation when switched to viberate, it will not interface with my PC at all.
no wifi connection.
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!!!! I WOULD BE ETERNALLY GREATFUL.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
lets start with the basics... nothing you deleted in cydia will break your device..

now lets move on to your device not reacting to your computer...
with your home button being out of commission you might have some issues. the first thing we need to do is get your phone booted... it appears that you can turn it off, so power off the device and then power it on again but while it is booting up hold the volume button up.
let us know if your device boots.
and just out of curiosity, howd you get you phone into dfu mode with the home button being broken?

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
just out of curiosity, howd you get you phone into dfu mode with the home button being broken?

You usually do this by using a modified IPSW. Look around the newer versions of redsn0w and you're bound to find the option.

kris2112, try doing what 3cit said. If the phone doesn't respond to the power button and you cannot turn it off, you may have to let it run out of battery.

kris2112

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I have tried all suggestions none worked. since I can't power off phone I'm going to let the battery go dead.
How long will it take for the battery to run out & how will know when its run out totaly.

Last edited:

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
How long go did this water damage happen?
Your home button AND power button does not work?
Does the screen show all black occasionally and apple occasionally, seemingly random, or can you make apple logo appear at will?

kris2112

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Water damage happened 8/2012
Home button dosn't work, if power button & lock button are the same thing that button dose work.
Screen is all black until i push lock button then logo appers. But now low battery & plug & lightning bolt apper, when lock button is pushed.

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
OK. So the phone is now out of power. I'd recommend you charge it for a 2-4 minutes, unplug and try to power it up while holding the volume up key. If you still get the low power screen, charge another minute or so. Repeat this until the phone powers up (don't forget to hold the volume up key while booting up!)

kris2112

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Charged for 3 min. apple showed up on screen, i held power button & vol. up, nothing the apple just stays lighted.
Apple went out after about 5-8 min. later.now low power is showing.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
ok so phone is dead again, plug it into a computer so that it begins to charge, as soon as it is powered enough itunes should open, your device should give you the "bleep" sound and your phone should be recognized in ituners... is this the case?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok.
This is turning into a hardware issue and not a software issue...

The phone worked mostly perfectly up until recently??

I'm thinking the water damage is worse that unresponsive home button

kris2112

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
The home button has been my only problem until Fri 1/18 when i was in my packages in cydia.
I deleted something the phone would not react to touch then went black.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
The home button has been my only problem until Fri 1/18 when i was in my packages in cydia.
I deleted something the phone would not react to touch then went black.

but cydia is all optional stuff, and wouldnt affect your device this way. the fact that you cant get your phone to boot into safemode is very disturbing. the fact that you cant get your phone to boot at all is also very distrubing.
the fact that your computer is unable to interact with your phone is the most disturbing detail of all.
are you sure that your home button doesnt work at all? or does it not work mostly?
i think you should try to boot into dfu mode and see if the computer picks up on it then, then restore then worry about downgrading and rejailbreaking...
the first thing we need to accomplish is getting your computer to recognize your iphone...
try new cables, try different usb ports, try reinstalling itunes!

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Maybe he deleted MobileSubstrate or something? Yikes!

Even if he deleted mobile substrate it would just delete all tweaks, not affect phone or cydia...
Next time he opened cydia and tried to install a tweak it would automatically tell him of "important upgrades" and fix everything for him

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2