Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Question var/stash/Applications missing on springboard

I had been using this 3GS having iOS 5.1.1 untethered for past 2 months without any problem.

A few days back while using iTunes, out of curiosity I clicked "transfer purchases from my iphone", and then unplugged my iphone.

Then I realized that all stock apps (settings, camera, photos, app store etc.) had disappeared from the springboard, and Cydia as well.

I plugged my iphone to computer to check the file system via ifunbox, and I discovered that all the apps in this folder (var/stash/Applications) were not showing up on the springboard, though they are present but hidden on springboard.

Can anyone please help me get those things back on springboard .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails var/stash/Applications missing on springboard-itunes.jpg   var/stash/Applications missing on springboard-hidden.jpg  
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

Default Re: var/stash/Applications missing on springboard

restart your phone in safe mode by turning phone off, then while booting hold down the volume down button.
    your phone should boot up into a "tweakless" state, and everythign should be fine.
    if this is the case then you need to go to sbsettings and disable your various tweaks ONE AT A TIME until you find out which tweak is causing the problem. at this point, you need to re-enable the tweak, then delete that tweak from cydia, or if you are completely unable to access cydia (have you used the search page of springboard to look for your missing icons?) use ifunbox to delete the tweaks entire folder system
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iPhone Nanite

Default Re: var/stash/Applications missing on springboard

Quote Originally Posted by 3cit View Post
    restart your phone in safe mode by turning phone off, then while booting hold down the volume down button.
    your phone should boot up into a "tweakless" state, and everythign should be fine.
    if this is the case then you need to go to sbsettings and disable your various tweaks ONE AT A TIME until you find out which tweak is causing the problem. at this point, you need to re-enable the tweak, then delete that tweak from cydia, or if you are completely unable to access cydia (have you used the search page of springboard to look for your missing icons?) use ifunbox to delete the tweaks entire folder system
    I tried that method of holding down the volume down button, but it didn't work for me, so I did this sbsettings> power> safe mode (does that matter how it is done?)
    This switched to safe mode, the tweaks were disabled. But even in safe mode nothing showed up, all those apps are still hidden.

Btw I'm completely unable to access Cydia, have already tried that spotlight search.
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

Default var/stash/Applications missing on springboard

What phone are you in and what iOS?
    You have a rather large problem apparently that isn't jailbreak related...
    Might be looking at a restore and ending up on 6.0.2.