Sharing blobs?

Seanyd83

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi all. I'm new here so you'll have to be patient.....! I had a 4s which was jailbroken on 5.0.1 and the wifi chip broke. Just changed it today and got a new free 4s but this time on IOS 6. I saved the blobs using tiny umbrella and they are on my desktop. I also downloaded the firmware. I am unable to restore to 5.0.1 using the shift and restore option in Itunes as I get a error 3194. I have googled it and had no luck in fixing it. I then downloaded Red Snow and tried to restore to 5.0.1 and 5.1.1 (which I also have the firmware and the blobs for). I'm unable to do this through red snow or Itunes. I get the error 3194 in Itunes and it doesn't work in red snow. Can anybody help me please?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Sean

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Re: New to this!

you cannot use shsh blobs from one device and apply it to another since blobs are device specific. you will have to wait

enjoy iOS 6

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: New to this!

Hi all. I'm new here so you'll have to be patient.....! I had a 4s which was jailbroken on 5.0.1 and the wifi chip broke. Just changed it today and got a new free 4s but this time on IOS 6. I saved the blobs using tiny umbrella and they are on my desktop. I also downloaded the firmware. I am unable to restore to 5.0.1 using the shift and restore option in Itunes as I get a error 3194. I have googled it and had no luck in fixing it. I then downloaded Red Snow and tried to restore to 5.0.1 and 5.1.1 (which I also have the firmware and the blobs for). I'm unable to do this through red snow or Itunes. I get the error 3194 in Itunes and it doesn't work in red snow. Can anybody help me please?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Sean

I hate to say this but not in a mean way either... First all all welcome to iMore. Most people should just leave their phone alone, Enjoy it out of the box as it was intended and you would not have had to write this post and use it to contribute to helping someone else on here looking for real help but nonetheless as I said... Welcome to iMore.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I hate to say this but not in a mean way either... First all all welcome to iMore. Most people should just leave their phone alone, Enjoy it out of the box as it was intended and you would not have had to write this post and use it to contribute to helping someone else on here looking for real help but nonetheless as I said... Welcome to iMore.

I hate to say this but YOU'RE IN THE JAILBREAK SECTION.

Maybe you're vanilla bean mind got
Lost on the way to the lounge forum, or the ios6 forum.
You could have used your time to help someone who wanted to hear YOUR OPINION about staying stock. But instead you wasted your time here, telling a man who CLEARLY wants to be jail broken, that he should enjoy his phone THE WAY YOU WANT IT. This in turn wasted his time because he has to sort through your garbage, then you wasted MY TIME because I had to scold you for being an interfering twit. Which in turn wasted MORE IF MY TIME because now I feel bad for yelling at you. And all this wastes even more time for everyone who might just read this crappy hate filled post of mine.
So much time and energy lost, and for NOTHING. This thread was solved like two comments in.
Summary:
O. P. youre stuck on ios 6+ because blobs are device specific.

"stock guy" you should have kept you're
Mouth shut

3cit you're angry and need to chill out.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll