Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By 3cit
  • 1 Post By Sharma15
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Beginner

iOS Version

Default Bitesms?

I got bitesms from Cydia, but whenever I receive a text, I am not alerted. I went into the settings and in notification center, and whenever I try to turn on "banner" for messages, it automatically unchecks when I go out of settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,009 Global Posts
    iOS Version

That's odd...bite just uses the Apple setting. Try looking in bite's app settings under Quick Replyif you have a feature called Alert Style, mark it to Use Apple Settings.

I believe the newer bite releases don't have a toggle for thatthey just use the Apple setting. So if you don't have that, the issue is likely not with Bite but something else. Do you have any other notification tweaks? MiniBanners, Chip, etc?
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,585 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

I tried using BiteSMS a few times over the last couple of years and just never found a nice functionality that i was used to with the native messages app. It always had a little bug here or there...similar to what you described and others.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts

The new bite SMS works flawless for me no problems at all with the stock messaging I actually have everything going through Bitesms and the stock messaging app hidden. They both look the same but now I can quick reply without having to hop into the messaging app when ever I receive a text
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmx2000 View Post
    The new bite SMS works flawless for me no problems at all with the stock messaging I actually have everything going through Bitesms and the stock messaging app hidden. They both look the same but now I can quick reply without having to hop into the messaging app when ever I receive a text
    I agree. I have been using biteSMS since I jailbroke some weeks ago. Don't use the native app and have used the bite SMS to hide the Apple message icon.

I find it very useful and never had a problem either composing or receiving messages.

Love it.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    Cracking Toast Gromit!
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,609 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

one of my qualms with biteSMS has been the simple fact that it can take just as many steps to reply or compose a text message, maybe one less, than if you were to use the native messages app

i know it looks cool and all, especially with the new themes, but not so sure it is worth jailbreaking for anymore..
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by BLiNK View Post
    one of my qualms with biteSMS has been the simple fact that it can take just as many steps to reply or compose a text message, maybe one less, than if you were to use the native messages app

i know it looks cool and all, especially with the new themes, but not so sure it is worth jailbreaking for anymore..
    heresy....
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    823 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Going to give 6.3 a try, but I really like Messages+ simplicity.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,609 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

Quote Originally Posted by Sharma15 View Post
    Going to give 6.3 a try, but I really like Messages+ simplicity.
    same here, do you use the stand alone or do you have ISX?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    823 Global Posts
    iOS Version

ISX. Was my first download when I Jailbroken my 4S. I don't think I'd be able appreciate the iPhone without it.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,609 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

if ISX had Tweetbot integration i would possibly use it again, but i don't see it happening
    iMore Guru

iOS Version

biteSMS is one of the big reasons I jailbreak. Couldn't do without it.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,609 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

yeah you can. just remove it for a couple of weeks and you'll see that it is not a necessity
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

yeah you can. just remove it for a couple of weeks and you'll see that it is not a necessity
    says the guy who goes from jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailb.......
    sherlock and Sharma15 like this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    823 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Well here's why I use ISX with BiteSMS or Messages+: If you have a radio switcher app like iControl, Auto3G, or BattSaver, you can reply to texts without having to open your phone. Meaning, if you have your phone to go into EDGE when locked, you do not have to unlock and reply to a message. I have my phone set to 2G when locked, 3G when unlocked, and off when Wifi is connected. These apps work great according to my needs.
    sherlock likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,609 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

Quote Originally Posted by 3cit View Post
    says the guy who goes from jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailb.......
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    380 Global Posts

Not sure about message+, but with bitesms I can make an exact copy a string of messages and copy them to a file such as note, Evernote or docs to go. bitesms will also date and tome stamp each message in the string. This isnt something you can do with the stock message app very well and the stock app wont date and time stamp the messages. This was a deciding factor for me. I have to have an exact copy of certain text messages for work.
    iMore Guru

iOS Version

No way, I've tried... Well, not very hard. I have a low annoyance threshold.

Sent from an iPhone4s with Tapatalk