samthelegoman1

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
I got bitesms from Cydia, but whenever I receive a text, I am not alerted. I went into the settings and in notification center, and whenever I try to turn on "banner" for messages, it automatically unchecks when I go out of settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
That's odd...bite just uses the Apple setting. Try looking in bite's app settings under Quick Reply?if you have a feature called Alert Style, mark it to Use Apple Settings.

I believe the newer bite releases don't have a toggle for that?they just use the Apple setting. So if you don't have that, the issue is likely not with Bite but something else. Do you have any other notification tweaks? MiniBanners, Chip, etc?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I tried using BiteSMS a few times over the last couple of years and just never found a nice functionality that i was used to with the native messages app. It always had a little bug here or there...similar to what you described and others.

cctpitts01

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
The new bite SMS works flawless for me no problems at all with the stock messaging I actually have everything going through Bitesms and the stock messaging app hidden. They both look the same but now I can quick reply without having to hop into the messaging app when ever I receive a text

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
The new bite SMS works flawless for me no problems at all with the stock messaging I actually have everything going through Bitesms and the stock messaging app hidden. They both look the same but now I can quick reply without having to hop into the messaging app when ever I receive a text

I agree. I have been using biteSMS since I jailbroke some weeks ago. Don't use the native app and have used the bite SMS to hide the Apple message icon.

I find it very useful and never had a problem either composing or receiving messages.

Love it.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
one of my qualms with biteSMS has been the simple fact that it can take just as many steps to reply or compose a text message, maybe one less, than if you were to use the native messages app

i know it looks cool and all, especially with the new themes, but not so sure it is worth jailbreaking for anymore..

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
one of my qualms with biteSMS has been the simple fact that it can take just as many steps to reply or compose a text message, maybe one less, than if you were to use the native messages app

i know it looks cool and all, especially with the new themes, but not so sure it is worth jailbreaking for anymore..

heresy....

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
yeah you can. just remove it for a couple of weeks and you'll see that it is not a necessity

says the guy who goes from jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailb.......

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Well here's why I use ISX with BiteSMS or Messages+: If you have a radio switcher app like iControl, Auto3G, or BattSaver, you can reply to texts without having to open your phone. Meaning, if you have your phone to go into EDGE when locked, you do not have to unlock and reply to a message. I have my phone set to 2G when locked, 3G when unlocked, and off when Wifi is connected. These apps work great according to my needs.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
says the guy who goes from jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailbreak to stock to jailb.......

:eek: :D ......

ross778

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Not sure about message+, but with bitesms I can make an exact copy a string of messages and copy them to a file such as note, Evernote or docs to go. bitesms will also date and tome stamp each message in the string. This isnt something you can do with the stock message app very well and the stock app wont date and time stamp the messages. This was a deciding factor for me. I have to have an exact copy of certain text messages for work.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2