iPhone iOS 5.1.1 Absinthe Untethered jailbreak
Not "yet" available, but getting close...
Absinthe Jailbreak 5.1.1 untethered iPhone 4S, 4 iPad 3 / 2
- 05-22-2012, 05:10 PM #2
- 05-22-2012, 05:13 PM #3
- 05-22-2012, 05:13 PM #4
I was just passing on information that I saw via Twitter...
- 05-22-2012, 05:52 PM #6
- 05-22-2012, 07:40 PM #7
when i first went to 5.1.1 i did it via OTA and my battery performance was the same as 5.1 . so i restored/set up as new phone and gained, on an average, of about 1.5 hrs usage! not saying that you will have the same results with your setup but it should show that there is indeed improvement IF you set up as new!
- 05-22-2012, 08:08 PM #8
- 05-22-2012, 08:12 PM #9
- 05-22-2012, 08:39 PM #10
- 05-22-2012, 10:17 PM #11
- 05-22-2012, 10:33 PM #12
1) will I be able to save/reinstall all my themes/tweeks, etc that I've installed via Cydia if I "restore/set up as new phone", update to 5.1.1 and re-JB?
2) I'm assuming all the programs installed via iTunes can be re-installed after the restore/re-JB?
3) will messages/mail/calendar/texts, etc be saved when I do a backup in iTunes?
4) i've installed many programs and as I'm sure we all have, gone through and set the settings just how we like them.. I'm afraid that doing this re-JB will lose all those settings. I guess I could go through each program and note the settings, but that seems like a lot of work.
- 05-23-2012, 10:58 AM #14iMore Pro
- 707 Posts
Restore your phone, and then switch on iCloud if you havenít already done so. Restore from your backup if you choose to. For all your settings, app data, Cydia tweaks and settings you can use xBackup from Cydia. Itís really good to be fair, I posted about it early but that was regarding updating and re-jailbreaking. NOT setting up as new phone. Here is my earlier post. If you are going to set up as new phone. Ignore that part about restoring from backup in iTunes.
See my post here for more idea's: http://forums.imore.com/jailbreak-un...tall-apps.html
Hope it helps
Last edited by 1982ollie; 05-23-2012 at 11:06 AM.
- 05-23-2012, 12:35 PM #16