Safe Mode

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
How do I make my iPhone go into safe mode? And what can I learn from safe mode?

My bluetooth isn't working for some reason, probably b/c of some jailbreak app, and it's quite frustrating. I'd like to go into safe mode and see if I can get it to work that way, however, the only time I can get into safe mode is if something crashes. Suggestions?

Last edited:

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
If you have sbsettings you open the window and select the power option
47546498-1c13-9958.jpg

Then you select safe mode
47546498-1c2f-3c62.jpg

Safe mode pretty Much disables most everything related to the jailbreak... All tweaks and apps and such...
There is also a way you can individually test tweaks to see if they are the ones causing the issue sbsettings

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Open sbsettings (the main app, not the popup) and select mobile substrate add ons
aeea4f3f-cb6b-8894.jpg

Then turn off the add ons until your blue tooth works!!! It'll respring Everytime you toggle one....
READ THE STUFF INTE RED WARNING BOX FIRST!!!
pretty much it says don't uninstall a tweak while it is toggled off...
aeea4f3f-cbf5-56e5.jpg

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
So, MobileSubstrate is where you can disable one tweak at a time to see which one is causing issues? Would it be better to disable all of them and add them back one at a time?

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
This morning my Tweetings crashed.. saying I had sent to many requests.. then my Springboard crashed and put my phone into Safe Mode... in which I cannot get out of safe mode - numerous reboots, gives me the same error message and puts my phone back into safe mode on boot up.

I unistalled all the new programs I installed over the past couple of days, did several resents (power/home button hold) and still goes into Safe Mode

jailbroke running 5.0.1..

I installed CrashReporter but have no idea how to read the crash logs, etc...

Can anyone help get me back on my way???

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Well, you need to stay in safe mode and go into cydia and get rid of EVERYTHING....
Then start over... You should have some idea of he latest things you installed and just try to work backwards in time...
Unless you have tiny unbrella and can just restore from backup

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Also do you have sys/log installed too??? That's where crash reporter gets the "real" info from... And maybe try sshing into your phone and manually deleting anything mytweetings may have left behind

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2