new jailbreaker

jake8188

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
if there was an update to come out. would i just press the restore? If so, what about my pictures I take during this time. Would I have to back up my phone again and when I get the software restore from back up?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Updating will remove your jailbreak. You should always backup prior to any update so that you don't lose your pictures.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Backing up doesn't save your jb. It will save your pictures etc but if you update the OS you will loose the jailbreak.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Backing up doesn't have any effect on the jailbreak. If you update the os, you will lose the jailbreak. Period.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
in my experience, i have found that you want to consistently have a clean backup. that is one that does not involve any jailbreak information. if you backup your device while jailbroken it will save certain data and maybe even corrupt data. if anyone has restored from a backup (that was jailbroken) and re-jailbroke, you will see that your settings/configurations are already where they have been set previously

i always keep a recent & clean backup on my computer in the case of something going really wrong with my jailbreak

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
What's the best way to keep a clean update when iCloud is always syncing? I recently did a restore and rejailbroke and all my settings were same before I did a restore.

Via Tapatalk

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
What's the best way to keep a clean update when iCloud is always syncing? I recently did a restore and rejailbroke and all my settings were same before I did a restore.

good question. i would think if you have a clean one with iTunes it should be good enough to go back to if needed