Voice to text for SMS iP4

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone aware of a JB tweak that will add the voice to text feature integrated in the 4s message app? I'm pretty sure the one on 4s is part of Siri. I have Vlingo which works well to initiate a text convo but you have to leave the message app to reply if you want to continue using voice.

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
siri0us
Unsure if that still works though.
The only place i know to get it is xsellize.

Last edited:

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
siri0us
Unsure if that still works though.
The only place i know to get it is xsellize.

Oh so close! Thanks. The mic icon shows up on the keyboard, the Siri type "ding" goes off and and the mic lights up when I speak but text does not appear.

It apparently needs a server which is no longer up.

This is exactly what I was hoping for, any other ideas anyone?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Nothing yet, I've been waiting myself. (Unless you count the apps that use a proxy, which is less than ideal.)

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I've found a app called VoiceKeys by Ryan Petrich, it adds itself to the Action Menu so you can use it in any app for speech to text. The speech recognition isn't very good at at all right now so I'm hoping it will "learn" as I use it more and "teach" it.
I'll post again in a few days with a update.

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I've installed Spire on my iP4 and am trying to learn how to set a proxy URL on my 4s thru the VPN to use in Spire (I guess I need to be inspired?).

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I've installed Spire on my iP4 and am trying to learn how to set a proxy URL on my 4s thru the VPN to use in Spire (I guess I need to be inspired?).

Totally not worth it dude... But if you have a DEDICATED friend with a 4s there is a tweak you both put on your phones that will skip the whole proxy thing ... But you both gotta do something every single day...

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Totally not worth it dude... But if you have a DEDICATED friend with a 4s there is a tweak you both put on your phones that will skip the whole proxy thing ... But you both gotta do something every single day...

I have a 'dedicated friend', my wife (hopefully)?. So what's the tweak? Her phone is not JB, does it have to be to install this tweak?

Thanks.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
475e30d4-7b9e-d982.jpg
I have a 'dedicated friend', my wife (hopefully)?. So what's the tweak? Her phone is not JB, does it have to be to install this tweak?

Thanks.

Gotta be jailbroken...
Tweak is called sirious
You need to add the repo shown...
475e30d4-7bb4-93af.jpg

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to use a different voice engine with Siri? Now that I have Siri on my phone (Spire) is the a way to have Dragon, Vlingo or Google convert voice to text? All I want the Siri for is texting, if there was a way to use iFile to go into Siri and have it point to another voice recognition engine server for the actual conversion I could eliminate the entire Proxy problem. It this possible, is it to advanced, has anyone thought of or tried this?

Having Siri on the phone gives me the mic in Apple apps and it "listens" but can not covert it to text without a proxy or the actual Apple server. If I could find a way to convert the voice to text I would have effectively found a way to integrate non Apple tweaks into a Apple stock app.

Any thoughts anyone?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Got the repo, that will get the files off the 4s but don't you still need a proxy with this. Have you used it?

I haven't used it, but I think you actually use Siri,(taken from a 4s, like the whole program) and just use the file that that program gives you on your 4s, get it to your 4 and ten use the program in your 4 to inject that file into the right spot

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
But let me know how your other adventure goes!! I'm curious!! With the dragon dictation and what not

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm giving up on all these complicated attempts at voice to text integration and will just use Vlingo when I don't feel like typing a text. The more I was playing with Vlingo this eve the more I realized how great it is at accurately converting voice to text. I wish there was a way to integrate it into BiteSMS. Maybe I'll request it on the Bite forums.

Thanks for the ideas everyone.

RemmyZero

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Vlingo +1. great program. it's too bad that nuance pulled the plug on siri0us because i would have definitely paid a few bucks to use it if that would have paid for the rights.

to be very fair, google/android has this down pat. the voice to text and text to speech being embedded in the software is definitely one of the best features of any OS hands down.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2