Jailbreak vs. iBooks (No iBooks with any JB?)

natefish

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I know this has been an issue in the past, but I can't remember if EVERY jailbreak breaks iBooks or if it's just certain ones. I'm using the tethered Redsn0w solution right now. Will I never be able to use iBooks if my device is JB'd or is there a possible solution? I bought a couple iBooks on my iPad (not JB'd yet) and forgot about not being able to read them on my iPhone. I'd love for it to work. Thanks.

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
I know this has been an issue in the past, but I can't remember if EVERY jailbreak breaks iBooks or if it's just certain ones. I'm using the tethered Redsn0w solution right now. Will I never be able to use iBooks if my device is JB'd or is there a possible solution? I bought a couple iBooks on my iPad (not JB'd yet) and forgot about not being able to read them on my iPhone. I'd love for it to work. Thanks.

Before I bought my iphone 4S, I had an iphone 4 semi-tethered jailbreak 5.0 using redsn0w. That was early November, if I recall there was a patch/fix for the iBooks issue available on Cydia. I would look in Cydia for you if my 4S was jailbroken.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

natefish

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Thank you so much. I just looked on Cydia and installed the only iBooks fix on there that was described as for iOS 5. Didn't work, so maybe it's not 5.0.1 compatible.

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
Thank you so much. I just looked on Cydia and installed the only iBooks fix on there that was described as for iOS 5. Didn't work, so maybe it's not 5.0.1 compatible.

I think that works only for 5.0 and 5.0.1 tethered jailbreaks. I am not sure on that.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

natefish

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Got it to work! I just needed to reboot. It wasn't working on the tethered JB, but, once I installed Corona for the untethered JB and rebooted, it worked. It's Christmas all over again for me.

For anyone else who needs this, just make sure you are running the untethered JB and then install the iBooks fix available on Cydia.

Reactions: Gmayl

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Got it to work! I just needed to reboot. It wasn't working on the tethered JB, but, once I installed Corona for the untethered JB and rebooted, it worked. It's Christmas all over again for me.

For anyone else who needs this, just make sure you are running the untethered JB and then install the iBooks fix available on Cydia.

whats the name of the ibooks fix on Cydia?

natefish

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I just searched Cydia for iBooks. There are two, though, and only one says it's for iOS 5. So, make sure read the subscriptions.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2