Missing carrier

friess25

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
My phone has been jailbroken although I restored as new when I recently upgraded to IOS 5. The phone has been working fine until a few days ago when I went on vacation to the Carribean and now my phone does not show a carrier and is searching for one constantly. Let me also say, that in settings, Carrier (after notifications) does not appear at all.

I would really appreciate your assistance.

Thanks.

Snownation

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
What do you mean? Are you unlocked via ultrasn0w?
Are you saying you went to Caribbean, came back, then there was a problem?

Did you roam in Caribbean?

If you did, you need to manually go into Carrier, and let it search for a few minutes, and select your home carrier. I had a similar experience when I roamed, and when I came back, it would keep trying to look for the foreign carrier, which obviously wouldn't detect, therefore giving up and saying "No Service".

Last edited:

friess25

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently in the Carribean. The phone constantly searches and does not find a carrier. In addition, if I go to settings (Carrier which is normally listed after Location Services on my wife's iphone) does not appear.

Snownation

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
What is normally your Carrier? Also, what iPhone is it? Is it factory unlocked?

I suck at geography but I know it's near the USA, so I'm not sure whether the Caribbean shares its networks or not. I'll assume they don't.

Maybe your carrier plan just doesn't support roaming.
Or, maybe the Caribbean carriers aren't official carriers, so you'll need to hacktivate.

Last edited:

friess25

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
I have an iphone 4 and it's upgraded to ios5. It was purchase from Apple about a year ago. My carrier is AT&T. My wife has the identical phone/software and she has no issues like the one I've described. I've been to the Caribbean before (it's about 1,000 miles south of Florida) near Venezuela. When I left New York a few days ago, I had no issues.

friess25

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
My wife is also on AT&T. I was jailbroken prior to upgrading to ios5. I am not jailbroken now. My wife's phone has never been jailbroken.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrytg4