Jailbroken apps not completely showing in iTunes

liangzboy

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone,

i've got a jailbroken ipod touch 4G 4.3.3 and i've got a total of 284 apps but my iTunes can only detect 213 of them and so i can't transfer purchases to backup my apps.

i hope someone out there has a solution. i've already scoured the net but to no avail.

Thanks ;D

hpcomputergeek

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
You can not backup jailbreak tweaks/themes/apps in iTunes. If you've made purchases, you might be able to download them again for free in Cydia with your Cydia account.

liangzboy

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Ok i don't mean Cydia tweaks/themes/apps. I mean apps like Angry Birds, Whatsapp, Inifinity Blade. It doesn't show up in iTunes and i've got 284 games/apps in my iPod but for some reason only 213 shows up and i can backup these apps. only like 20 of those apps are purchased from the appstore. i just wonder if it has anything to do with having the infinifolders tweak. Can anyone help with this?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
that is one of many defense mechanisms out out there when using those type of apps. on top of it not really being "honest" you're not going to get the support you need when running into issues. which equates into useless time spent and headaches

if you care a out a smooth running device then i am afraid restore (as new) would be the best option

Reactions: liangzboy

hpcomputergeek

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Ok i don't mean Cydia tweaks/themes/apps. I mean apps like Angry Birds, Whatsapp, Inifinity Blade. It doesn't show up in iTunes and i've got 284 games/apps in my iPod but for some reason only 213 shows up and i can backup these apps. only like 20 of those apps are purchased from the appstore. i just wonder if it has anything to do with having the infinifolders tweak. Can anyone help with this?

iTunes might do this because it probably looks at your account for purchases that you haven't made and doesn't backup the pirated apps. That's what I think it's doing.

Reactions: liangzboy