Did something dumb

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
So my iPhone was jailbroken using Sn0wbreeze 7.2 I beleive and my phone was running on 4.2.8 and I recently wanted to sync my phone with iTunes and a window popped up asking to update to 4.2.10 and not realizing, it accepted it all and started the download ( it was one in the morning and I just wanted to sync really quick and go to sleep) so when I finally realized it would mess up my jailbreak, I disconnected the iPhone and it went into recovery mode. Was there any way I could have restored the phone back to the jailbreak without restoring it back to 4.2.10 and then re-jailbreaking it? I tried using Sn0wbreeze to re-jailbreak it and it didn't work, I tried restoring to 4.2.8 and it didn't work so I had to restore to 4.2.10, through iTunes, and it wiped out everything back to factory settings, I uploaded my backup and now I'm running on 4.2.10 with no jailbreak. Was there anything I should have done differently? Is there anything I should do at this point? Because I'm planning on jailbreaking it later using Sn0wbreeze.

crystus

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
If you get it jailbroken again get recoveryguard from Cydia. It blocks the Itunes software from rebooting into update mode, meaning you have to manually push the keys to do it. It will save a lot of headaches.

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Use TinyUmbrella to see if you can save your shsh from 4.2.8. If so, you should be able to again use TinyUmbrella, combined with a Shift+Restore in iTunes, to restore back to 4.2.8 thus re-enabling your jailbreak.

Also, you can turn off the auto check for updates in iTunes to avoid this in the future.

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Alright, and im going to have to downgrade to 4.2.8 in order to jailbreak right? i heard there has been some problems jailbreaking 4.2.10

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
The problem is that it's a tethered jailbreak, so every time you rebooted your phone you would have to be connected to a PC/Mac.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77