Need to get contacts from Itunes, sold Iphone ?

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Hey all. I ended up selling my iphone since the 5 will be coming out before to long. A tactic based on prices dropping when the newest unit actually is released. But anyway. I need to get to my contacts from ITunes. I'm assuming since the phone has been backed up a number of times I can somehow. I don't need to do a crazy sync thing to a new phone or anything like that. Just want to be able to see my saved contacts from my backup so I can write them all down.

Thanks in advance
Josh

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
How were you handling contacts when you had the phone? If you just entered them on your iPhone without ever syncing to an address book (gmail, outlook, etc) then it could be tough going.

jimmers

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
Didn't you sync them with Outlook on a PC or Address Book on a Mac? If not I think you're out of luck. I'm not aware of anyway to extract pieces of data from your backup. Backups are only used to restore to an iPhone. Hopefully one of the tips in the previous reply will work for you.

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
How were you handling contacts when you had the phone? If you just entered them on your iPhone without ever syncing to an address book (gmail, outlook, etc) then it could be tough going.

I had the whole phone saved on Itunes. Where I could do a complete Reset All Content and Settings on the Iphone itself and plug it into ITunes and get every contact, pictures, apps, everything back to 100% of what it was. If I had a Iphone to throw at my Itunes I would fine, even if it was a friends to borrow for a couple hours. The Geeky Ninja link by Massie is a little past my level of expertise.

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Massie. ibackupbot is the program to use. Its a freeshare program that allows you easily to access whatever was on your Iphone backup. It took me 30 seconds at most to read a description of the ibackupbot Massie posted in her first reply to this thread. Download the application to PC and access all my contacts. I'm so happy about this.

Massie you are a life saver.

If anyone wants to access whatever they want from there Iphone backup and they don't have the phone anymore. This is the program to use. Even has quick buttons at the top of the program where you don't even have to look for certain things. Button had a contacts pic and boom there all there, :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2