What will happen if I sync?

4boostin

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
I got a 3gs from someone. It's now JB and Unlocked running 4.2.1 and 6.15, but I have not synced it with my iTunes. iTunes wants to update it to 4.3.4. My 3G is running the same software and iTunes thinks it's all up to date.

What will happen if I sync it to my iTunes...or how can I do it and keep my JB and unlock?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Yes... all you have to do is NOT do the firmware update. It will prompt you to do so - just say no.

However, if it's loaded with music, apps, photos, etc, synching it with a different computer will cause it to be wiped of all content.

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
If you want to prevent it from asking, so that you're prevented from accidentally updating, just check the box that says don't ask again and then either click on Download Only or Cancel

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
The 3G will not prompt you for updates because it isn't support by Apple on firmware past 4.2.1. If you want to stop receiving the firmware update messages then get Tiny Umbrella and click the link in my signature and go to Massie's reply that tells you how to enable iTunes to look at Cydia's servers. If there is an update you want to apply you will have to know that it's out and perform it manually or turn the above option off.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77