Can't Jailbreak iPhone 4

sandman1318

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
I just updated my iphone 4 to the 4.3.3 firmware but cannot re-jailbreak my phone. First I tried Jailbreakme several times but I do not get a Cydia icon. The icon initially loads and disappears. I read in another thread that many are having this problem so then I tried Redsn0w. But for the life of me, it just won't go into DFU mode. I tried about 10 times but it keeps saying "device not detected." Are there any other ways to jailbreak? I would appreciate any help at all. Thanks.

porksoda

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
You should follow instructions to a T.

redsn0w_win_0.9.6rc18
- make sure phone is off and plug it into computer run the redsnow .exe and follow instructions.

Many people i found don't follow instructions or have too many assumptions.

Also few have trouble if the device is not clean... i.e do not restore backup on it until after the jb.

Reactions: sandman1318

sandman1318

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
Oh I followed the instructions very carefully and watched some Youtube videos to make sure I got it right and I've done jailbreaks before. Are you saying I should do a restore before I jailbreak? I guess that would make sense. Thanks for the help.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
are you using an Apple USB cable? I have tried many times and you can never get into DFU mode with third party cables.

sandman1318

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
Yes, I used the cable that came with the phone. I restored my phone and then
tried JailbreakMe again and it worked. So I'm back in business! But thanks anyway.

porksoda

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
tried JailbreakMe again and it worked. So I'm back in business! But thanks anyway.

glad you got it going.

the tools are made so its easy for everyone one should follow instructions... and i find doing a fresh restore (blank phone) before jailbreaking would work almost 100% of time.

Putting in DFU via redsnow is a breeze... sometime when i need to be in dfu i just follow redsnow (even when im not jb'ing).

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I got into DFU mode with a Griffin cable when I jailbroke my VZW iphone on 4.2.8. Must have gotten a good cable.

really? cause it's a Griffin I have at work and I tried on three seperate occasions. I tried four different ways and no dice. Then finally I borrow my co-workers cable and Bam first shot I'm in :confused:

iV1SHAL

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site

If all else fails you will always find a friend in the TiPb forums and iTunes restore ;)

entwined82

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
really? cause it's a Griffin I have at work and I tried on three seperate occasions. I tried four different ways and no dice. Then finally I borrow my co-workers cable and Bam first shot I'm in :confused:

Ironically my original Apple cable stopped working as I went to jailbreak my iphone. I ended up using the griffin one.

Did anything sync over that Griffin cable? I'm wondering if its just because its broken or faulty. My original cable slowly worked less and less till one day it just became a 50/50 shot of getting a connection from my PC while the Griffin one works flawlessly every time.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Ironically my original Apple cable stopped working as I went to jailbreak my iphone. I ended up using the griffin one.

Did anything sync over that Griffin cable? I'm wondering if its just because its broken or faulty. My original cable slowly worked less and less till one day it just became a 50/50 shot of getting a connection from my PC while the Griffin one works flawlessly every time.

that is funny, it works I use it to sync every day. I have two cables so I never have to move my cables so it's always glugged in. The same thing happend with my 3G and then when JBing my iPhone 4.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77