Un-Jailbreaking

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Just want to be clear on the process before I jailbreak. I tried it once before and didn't really like it and went back a couple hours later. It's been a while though.

To go back to stock do I just plug into iTunes and restore from my most recent pre-jailbreak backup?

What happens if I upgrade to 4.3.4 when it's presumable released?

Thanks!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
When you want to undo the JB you can hook up to iTunes and click restore then after the restore is done restore from your latest backup. If the new OS is out then to undo the JB just hit upgrade and you will be on 4.3.4 and JB will be gone. If your worried about wanting to go back to 4.3.3 instead of 4.3.4 then while you're JBen go into Cydia and it should automatically save your 4.3.3 blobs.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
When you want to undo the JB you can hook up to iTunes and click restore then after the restore is done restore from your latest backup. If the new OS is out then to undo the JB just hit upgrade and you will be on 4.3.4 and JB will be gone. If your worried about wanting to go back to 4.3.3 instead of 4.3.4 then while you're JBen go into Cydia and it should automatically save your 4.3.3 blobs.

I wonder how long it will take Apple to put out a update?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I wonder if it's to undo the jailbreakme exploit? since it was leaked I don't think it will take long. I was just at an Apple store and the browser on the demo machines have already been set to block jailbreakme.com lol

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if it's to undo the jailbreakme exploit? since it was leaked I don't think it will take long. I was just at an Apple store and the browser on the demo machines have already been set to block jailbreakme.com lol

I don't think this will be an issue until Apple comes out with iOS 4.3.4 to undo this JB. And we all know they will very soon.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I putting my money on one week! :D

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

I am not so sure... The current set of jailbreak software (aside from the JailbreakMe.com released today) have used the same exploit for 4.3.1, 4.3.2 and 4.3.3. Apparently Apple has other things on its mind at this point. It would appear that it's not as bid of an issue as it once was...

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I am not so sure... The current set of jailbreak software (aside from the JailbreakMe.com released today) have used the same exploit for 4.3.1, 4.3.2 and 4.3.3. Apparently Apple has other things on its mind at this point. It would appear that it's not as bid of an issue as it once was...

The difference is that this is using a PDF exploit and it's Apple's job to patch exploits especially if they are widely known.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

Maybe Apple doesn't care so much about this one because they know most will update to iOS 5 in a month or two, which will remove this Jailbreak anyway.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
The difference is that this is using a PDF exploit and it's Apple's job to patch exploits especially if they are widely known.

I completely understand and agree with you... but apparently Apple doesn't agree with us... they have ignored this exploit through 3 releases of iOS. #justsaying