trying to unlock iphone 4 with firmware 4.3.3

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
my friend accidentally updated the firmware to 4.3.3 using itunes. is there anyway to reverse this so it can be unlocked?

What baseband is it on ? You can unlock 4.3.3 but im not sure if you cant downgrade your baseband unless you saved some files first .It is possible to unlock 4.3.3 but there is facts you need to know first

Last edited:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Basically: if baseband is 1.59.00 you can unlock with ultrasn0w?the baseband matters more than the iOS version. If not you can buy a Gevey SIM to unlock but it probably won't work on iOS 5.

chaoschink

May 10, 2011
Visit site
thanks guys.
he didnt save any of the files, so all other baseband except 1.59.00 will not be able to unlocked?
and what is a Gevey sim and where can i get one?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Just google it. It's something you insert with your original SIM card that lets you unlock. Beware, Apple has so far blocked it on ios5.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
thanks guys.
he didnt save any of the files, so all other baseband except 1.59.00 will not be able to unlocked?

You can upgrade to iPad baseband 6.15 but it will void all warranty n it can't be undone n u will always have to have custom Ipsw if u want ios5 u will have to wait till snowbreeze releases a JB to upgrade to iOS 5 and if you ever press restore in iTunes it will hang your phone n will have to reload the custom Ipsw this way is not recommended but it is a option

loosylou

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
thanks guys.

You can buy a gevey sim on Ebay. Thats what I used to unlock my phone thats locked to AT&T and cant be used here in Australia. But at the moment, I am not sure if the gevey sim is the thing that is stopping me from having the camera icon in my messages so I can send photos in messages. Probably will restore and do it again, see if it is that the problem. Will let you know

rich86

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
You can upgrade to iPad baseband 6.15 but it will void all warranty n it can't be undone n u will always have to have custom Ipsw if u want ios5 u will have to wait till snowbreeze releases a JB to upgrade to iOS 5 and if you ever press restore in iTunes it will hang your phone n will have to reload the custom Ipsw this way is not recommended but it is a option

The iPhone 4's baseband cannot be upgraded with ipad baseband

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2