iPhone 4 Jailbreak to remove encrypt password

utee05

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi All,
I am looking to jailbreak my iphone 4 running iOS 4.3.3 to remove the encrypt password on my backups. I checked that setting in iTunes and now I want to remove it but it is not recognizing my passord. I have tried various combinations and still no luck. I've read that if I jailbreak I can remove the keychain-2.db file and this will remove the password on the backups.

The reason I want to do this is in case anything ever happens to my phone or if i want to upgrade I won't be able to restore since the backups are locked with the password.

So in jailbreaking my phone will I be losing my current settings and any data (music, apps, phones, etc)? Is there a way to jailbreak and still keep my current settings and setup? From reading the tutorials it appears that you load a custom ipsw file and then you pretty much start from scratch.

Thanks for all your help with this.

Wiltron

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Jailbreaking wont remove any password, and wont erase any information (unless you restore the phone).

Only restoring your iPhone will remove all data, and since you don't know the password, it wont restore the settings. Forgotten passwords aren't saved anywhere so you'll have to cut your losses and start over again. Asking about cracking and hacking on this site also is frowned upon, so not much more help will come from others..

utee05

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the follow up. I had read on an apple support forum that this was the only way to get the passwords to be removed. I'll have to look at that thread again. Thanks again for your help. I understand the whole idea of hacking a phone is frowned upon but thought I would see if others ran into the same scenario as this appears to be an issue with iTunes or apple itself not recognizing the password you used for encryption. It is odd that there isn't an option to recover this but oh well. Guess if I ever upgrade or run into issues I'll just cut my losses.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Jailbreaking will get you access to the filesystem of the phone. So if you know where that file is you can certainly get rid of it. I have never personally encrypted a backup so I can't tell you how successful this will be. The JB you want to do is redsn0w which will not reload your OS. So head to iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials and go to Tutorials, iPhone, Jailbreak and look for redsn0w for the vetsion of the firmware you are running. Just get the software and follow the directions and you'll be good to go. Once you're Jailbroken(JBen) head to Cydia and fet iFile this will let you into the file system of the phone. You can also gey OpenSSH and access your phone through SSH it's your choice. I wouldn't get rid of the file just rename it. This is as good as deleting it and if for some reason you need the file back all you have to do is put the name back. Now when you JB there is always a chance it will mess up and you'll have to reload your phone since you don't have any backups you will lose stuff in that scenario just letting you know the possibilities.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77