Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

197 Posts
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts

Default MODS: PLS REMOVE - JB'ed Phone stuck at "Restarting Springboard" screen

Apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere and I was unable to find it.

My phone is currently stuck at the "Restarting Springboard" screen and does not go past it.

Here is the background: I went to Cydia, it showed that I had "essential upgrades." I clicked on "complete upgrade." It was an update for "insanelyi repo prep."

After the update was downloaded, I clicked on "respring" from SBSettings and it's been stuck ever since.

I connected to iTunes and it went through the backup process, but no luck rebooting to the home screen.

I hate to do it, but do I have no other option than to restore my phone to non-jailbroken status? Please say it isn't so.
    Last edited by tourstagefan; 05-31-2011 at 11:48 PM.
    iPhone Pro

504 Posts
    Global Posts
    509 Global Posts

Insaneleyi repo is known for illegal, ripped apps, and has been reported as such. You will probably have to restore the phone. If you want to re-jailbreak, don't add that repo back and you most likely will be fine.