lots of problems jailbreaking iphone 4 4.3.1

neoeire

May 19, 2011
Visit site
hi all
got an iphone 4, os 4.3.1, base band 4.10.1 locked to tmobile uk, but im having loads of problems jailbreaking it with sn0wbreeze as i think i need to preserve the baseband to unlock later.

ive tried with sn0wbreeze 2.5.1, tiny umbrella 4.33.00 and ireb with every way of modding the host file using itunes 10.2.2 and all i get is error 3194 and once after i used umbrella i got past that bit and then got an error 1600 but am not able to get back to that error again hence i tried ireb.... im new to jailbreaking and the iphone 4 world as i only ever had a ipod touch before never jailbroken.

i understand that at the moment my only option for the network lock is the gevey pro chip or a pay and go car for a few months before tmob will unlock it but that all aside, i just cant get it jailbroken...

can some1 please help or let me know my options are like updating to 4.3.3 then trying or downgrading etc... or am i just doing something wrong with adding the ip addressto the etc/host with and without the # symbol at the start...

usually dont have a problem with custom firmwares as i have a bb storm 2, but this is driving me nuts

thanks all for any help or advice...

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
What you're doing wrong is trying to do so many complicated steps that it's becoming muddled. Jailbreak is a simple process and if you want to preserve your baseband then your only option is Sn0wbreeze(Windows) or Pwnage Tool(Mac). You used Sn0wbreeze so I'm guessing you're using Windows. What I would suggest is to search on here for my username and threads I've created. Look for the one If you can't upgrade through iTunes... follow the steps to edit your hosts file to undo the changes made by Tiny Umbrella. Then go to Sn0wBreeze | iPhoneHeat look up the Sn0wbreeze version for 4.3.1 go here for the firmware iClarified - iPhone - Where To Download iPhone Firmware Files From

Then just follow the steps but make sure you do the following things. The custom ipsw will wipe your phone so make sure you backup and sync before you start. Make sure you're using an Apple USB cable because it's hard to get into DFU mode with third party cables. The USB cable should be plugged in to a USB port directly on the computer. When you're creating the ipsw with Sn0wbreeze your phone is not unlocked so make sure it's in Expert mode and the option Activate the phone is Un-checked. The phone abolutely must be in DFU mode or it will not work. You will know it's in DFU mode because the screen will be black but when you open iTunes it will find a device in recovery mode.

Once your phone is in DFU mode and you open iTunes and it prompts you to restore hold down the Shift key and click restore. Then point to the custom firmware you made with Sn0wbreeze and let it reload the firmware on the phone. If you're doing it with 4.3.1 it may fail because Apple has stopped signing that version of firmware so if that happens go to the link above and get the Sn0wbreeze for 4.3.3 and do the process over again or maybe start with that version at the start. Oh BTW 4.3.3 still has the same baseband so you could just upgrade in iTunes and then run the JB.

Last edited:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
If that's true about the bb being the same then an iTunes update/jb would be so much easier. Just make sure to reset your hosts file so it can talk to Apple.

neoeire

May 19, 2011
Visit site
If that's true about the bb being the same then an iTunes update/jb would be so much easier. Just make sure to reset your hosts file so it can talk to Apple.

thanks for all the great advice, i did do just sn0wbreeze when i 1st tried but got the 3194 error, and over the past 4 days i just tried everything i could find online with no luck, so as long as updating to 4.3.3 will be ok for jailbreaking and has the same baseband then ill try that...

how do i reset my host file as its been altered and copying of other ones that i dont know whats the original one any more..

wcarlson40#IM

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Do you get the 3194 error from Itunes when it says it's trying to "verify" with apple? Make sure you have Snowbreeze still running, and that it's running BEFORE itunes is started. Somehow, it blocks this verification step in itunes....

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
thanks for all the great advice, i did do just sn0wbreeze when i 1st tried but got the 3194 error, and over the past 4 days i just tried everything i could find online with no luck, so as long as updating to 4.3.3 will be ok for jailbreaking and has the same baseband then ill try that...

how do i reset my host file as its been altered and copying of other ones that i dont know whats the original one any more..

What I would suggest is to search on here for my username and threads I've created. Look for the one If you can't upgrade through iTunes... follow the steps to edit your hosts file to undo the changes made by Tiny Umbrella.

If you got the error when trying to use Sn0wbreeze it may have been your hosts file try it again after you correct it after you find my thread. It also may have been that you left the hacktivate option on which I talked about so maybe read over my reply again.

neoeire

May 19, 2011
Visit site
hi all, well i was closing sn0wbreeze when running itunes and yea the 3194 error was from itunes checking it.... but i have now updated to 4.3.3 and baseband is still 4.10.1, so im going to try the latest sn0wbreeze and keep that running... wish i know that before lol

neoeire

May 19, 2011
Visit site
ok i have a new error.... everything when through, seemed to load ok with snowbreeze symbol on iphone, then when iphone restarted, an error came on itunes saying error -9808 and on the iphone its got that conect to itunes symbol with a message saying insert a valid sim with no pin lock and activate.

now this is locked to tmobile and i have an o2 so i was just going to wait til theres an ulock for 4.10.1 or get a gevey pro chip from there website...

so what is all this mean...? i just need to activate the phone now or another problem? if i do need to activate, is there another way without the sim?

neoeire

May 19, 2011
Visit site
ahh jjust noticed activate tick box on sn0wbreeze...lol it cant be that simple.... can it

going to give it another try

ok all done and activated, thanks guys for putting me on the right track...

all working right with cydia

thank you every1 for ur help, upto now my iphone just looked like to me something that would look great in my fishtank lol

thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Ham Solo

neoeire

May 19, 2011
Visit site
mmmm think i have another problem guys if ur there????

everything jailbreaked ok, i still havent seen much about an unlock for my baseband 4.10.1 yet so i figured i would stick one of my old tmobile sim cards in, and cut it down with a scaple....

the chip is active as i tested it before and after cutting in my bb storm2. so its not that...

but im getting 1 bar only...

i did see this phone working with a tmobile chip about 2 months ago now, maye less hence why i bought it, and figured i would just unlock it easy...

but now with a tmob chip it, im only getting 1bar and i cant call anything, or even 4444 to add credit...

any ideas?

after some checking online for an imei checker to see if its barred or something i came accross a website that displays the info that my imei no belongs too.... something on the numberingplan.com(BOLD and UNDERLINED bits is what caught my interest)

Type Allocation Holder Apple
Mobile Equipment Type Apple iPhone 4
GSM Implementation Phase 2/2+
IMEI Validity Assessment ------> Very likely

Information on range assignment

Est. Date of Range Issuance -- After Jan 2003
Reporting Body - PCS Type Certification Review Board (PTCRB)
Primary Market - North America
Legal Basis for Allocation - PCS Type Certification

does this info mean that its ment for the u.s t-mobile market? would a north america tmobile phone work in uk tmobile sim? and any ideas how i would check this? or undo it?

Last edited:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
You're out of luck?that baseband is not unlockable at present. (Except maybe with a sort-of-illegal sim card hack. Google Gevey SIM for more info.)

neoeire

May 19, 2011
Visit site
You're out of luck?that baseband is not unlockable at present. (Except maybe with a sort-of-illegal sim card hack. Google Gevey SIM for more info.)

yea i know about the gevey pro but i have heard stuff like they dont work on jailbroken iphone 4's and some rumers that they're not working on uk networks...

waiting to find more info on it... but i put an active tmobile uk chip in it and only get 1bar and no service at all... getting worried that this is either barred or maybe locked to usa tmobile only as the info above says north america plus the other stuff in bold i think is american too..

not sure what to think right now other than hunt the man who sold it to me down...

any help or info would be great.... even if some1 with a uk tmobile iphone check there imei on that site too to see if the same data come up?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
If it's a north American gsm iPhone on that baseband, it's locked to AT&T?t mobile is not an official provider here. Sorry. I thought UK carriers sometimes offered to unlock phones for a fee, is that not so?

neoeire

May 19, 2011
Visit site
If it's a north American gsm iPhone on that baseband, it's locked to AT&T?t mobile is not an official provider here. Sorry. I thought UK carriers sometimes offered to unlock phones for a fee, is that not so?

to be honest i have no clue really, and as far as i know all carriers in uk charge.
its wierd and i only had this a few months... the carrier is definatly tmobile as it said it in the about section before jailbreaking...

after doing some more research i found the model no, which is mc605b which i fpoud out b is europe...

where it did say the carrier name which was t mobile, now it says not avilable.

i did update from 4.3.1 to 4.3.3 and then jailbreaked it with snowbreeze, preserving the baseband 4.10.1....

i think i need to call tmobile to have its imei no checked. what will tmobile do if it does come back barred or nicked???

also, is there a program around which will give me the info i want off it like if any sim locks is on it? or a place where i can check a uk iphones imei no...?

all i know is i put a tmobile sim in and i get 1 bar.... and cant call or do anything, i put the sim in another phone and i get full signal...
(do u get 1 bar is the phone is barred?) or is it a error from jailbreaking it?

sry for all the questions, hope u all can understand my position of trying to find out if this phone is barred, american or just a error...

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
OK this is getting complicated and I'm so confused. When the thread started you said "got an iphone 4, os 4.3.1, base band 4.10.1 locked to tmobile uk, but im having loads of problems jailbreaking it with sn0wbreeze as i think i need to preserve the baseband to unlock later." which means it is locked to TMobile UK. My question is why are you cutting down your SIM? just go to a TMobile store if you know the phone is locked to TMobile UK and get a microSIM. This way you will eliminate the thought that the problem might be with the SIM card not fitting properly. If you still have only one bar then call in with your IMEI number as far as I understand and I'm not in Europe so maybe I'm wrong if the phone was stolen the EMEI could be blocked so maybe this is the case and you're trying this all in vain?

neoeire

May 19, 2011
Visit site
OK this is getting complicated and I'm so confused. When the thread started you said "got an iphone 4, os 4.3.1, base band 4.10.1 locked to tmobile uk, but im having loads of problems jailbreaking it with sn0wbreeze as i think i need to preserve the baseband to unlock later." which means it is locked to TMobile UK. My question is why are you cutting down your SIM? just go to a TMobile store if you know the phone is locked to TMobile UK and get a microSIM. This way you will eliminate the thought that the problem might be with the SIM card not fitting properly. If you still have only one bar then call in with your IMEI number as far as I understand and I'm not in Europe so maybe I'm wrong if the phone was stolen the EMEI could be blocked so maybe this is the case and you're trying this all in vain?

hi, well that was my next step to go to tmobile and ask for a check, as for cutting down, i hav 2 old tmob chips i dont used anymore as they were mobile broadband, so didnt care about cutting downi finish work to late and just to busy lately, but the sim still works after cutting... and as for going to shop for a microsim, there ?10 + ?10 credit so and im with 02 so not really interested in a sim from them...

but yea, maybe i should of posted new thread as this is next issue, sorry bout that, just wasnt sure if jailbreaking it would of done something as it was working on a tmob sim about 2 months ago when i got it as i asked the dude to proove it worked ... just hasent used phone on it since...

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm not saying you needed a new thread this one is fine. I just meant cutting the sim leaves a situation of what if the SIM doesn't work right. So I just wanted you to make it simply so you wouldn't have to work so hard to figure out what's going on. OK let us know what happens when you take it in?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77