Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Default Email tone

Hi All,

I have a problem. I either need an tweak that can make my phone remind me of an email i have not read until i read it.. Or i have to move to blackberry ( I don't want to do that) At work i cannot miss an email or be pulling out my phone all the time to see if i missed an alert tone. Can anyone suggest the best cydia tweak for this?

Thank you all
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,992 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Check out Notifier+
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    265 Global Posts

MyProfiles also good. Also Check out Mail Enhancer
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

thats cool i check out mail enhancer.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    2,053 Global Posts

I installed Mail Enhancer on my JB'd AT&T 4.2.1 and it doesn't work at all. I've purchased it, installed it, turned it on the settings.app, added signatures for all three email addresses, turned on popups, voice notification, etc. But it's not doing anything at all.

Any ideas?
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    265 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    I installed Mail Enhancer on my JB'd AT&T 4.2.1 and it doesn't work at all. I've purchased it, installed it, turned it on the settings.app, added signatures for all three email addresses, turned on popups, voice notification, etc. But it's not doing anything at all.

Any ideas?
    Don't know much about the app. Sorry about recommending the app without any experience. I do know that often with jailbroken apps you have to make sure yourself that there aren't any conflicts. Often apps will just work on top of each other. Maybe email the dev and see?

My app of choice for this kind of thing is myprofiles. It works really well or me. Works not only with email but also with SMS and missed calls. You can filter but contact or subject or both. Very useful there. It also (I hvrnt used this) can act based on location like the android "Locale"app.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,704 Global Posts

is notifier+ a jailbreak or appstore app?
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,563 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

Quote Originally Posted by ajonesma View Post
    is notifier+ a jailbreak or appstore app?
    jailbreak app/tweak, it is found in Cydia:
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    5.1.1 (JB)

Another vote for MyProfiles. It lets you customize reminders and so much more, including setting up different ringer/vibrate profiles just like the BlackBerry. MyProfiles (and jailbreaking in general) kept me from having to go back to my BlackBerry.
    Go home; have a few drinks; go to sleep; get up tomorrow; do it all again, only better. House, MD