I have read and read and read.. im lost

grambone

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Im stuck! I purchased this phone already jailbroke a few years ago to stream via ustream. I need to add a new app but when i open cydia it hangs after reloading data then crashes to springboard. Im on a 3G phone and firmware 2.2.1 from what I have been reading i need to rebreak phone.

My very big question is.. which pwnage tools do I use and which firmware? I have tried I have this file which i DLed from BigBoss.org iPhone1,2_2.2.1_5H11_Restore.ipsw

I have tried pwnage tools 2.2.5 and 2.2.1 nothing works, always says my firmware file is wrong. Im totally lost at this point and really need to get this working ASAP. I appreciate any info!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
You mention pwnage tool so you must be on a Mac. Go to iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials go to tutorials, iPhone, Jailbreak and look through the versions for the firmware you want to JB and the pwnage tool method. It will have links to the correct pwnage tool version and te ipsw version. Why are you on 2.2 though? you could move up to 3.1.3 if you're on a 3G.

grambone

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Ill move up then... Im pretty confused with the whole process, like I mentioned I purchased this phone jailbroke back in 2009 and havent updated anything. I am on Mac or Windows, so whichever is easiest. I have been on Iclarified all day but will check that link and see what I can do. Thanks Ipheuria!

grambone

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Installed pwnagetool 3.1.5 and iPhone1,2_3.1.3_7E18_Restore.ipsw when i run pwnage it cant find the file so I goto expert mode and locate file and open it.. i then get wrong firmware bundle selected error.. all day same issue.. driving me F-ing nutso!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
hmmmm that sounds correct, email me ricky@t3kd.com I'll try to make you the ipsw and see what happens. I'll need some info though so email me. Have you installed any other versions of pwnage tool? different versions can co-exist on the system try it again but when you open pwnage tool do an about and mak sure it's the right version. You usually get that error when you use the wrong version to open the ipsw.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2