4.2.1 tethered reboot question

Pharrett

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I've searched around and haven't had any luck finding a good answer.

I just did the 4.2.1 jailbreak last night on my iPhone 4. I know now that I have to have it hooked up to my pc to when I reboot.

Do I need to have itunes installed on a pc in order to perform a reboot? If I need to reboot while at my office, for example, I don't have (and can't get...) itunes installed.

Can I simply put the firmware file and redsn0w on a usb drive and use it for a reboot?

Thanks in advance

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
You only need redsn0w and a copy of iOS 4.2.1. No itunes needed. Yes you could load it on a flash drive, that is actually a good idea, that way it goes with you and you always have it available.

w00dy

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
why didnt I think of loading the files onto a usb drive.... What a great idea. Can anyone confirm that having the correct files on a usb drive will do the trick
Thanks

Spdracer

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
I jailbroke my iPad from a USB drive and then rebooted it using the USB drive. Took the USB drive to work with me and did some more reboots. worked like a charm, so yes it works

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I jailbroke my iPad from a USB drive and then rebooted it using the USB drive. Took the USB drive to work with me and did some more reboots. worked like a charm, so yes it works

tried his today, for fun, and it worked perfectly (iP4 iOS 4.2.1) nice to know just in case

jtrevill

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Its too bad someone hasn't figured out how to use the Ipad camera kit to put all of the install files needed, so you wouldn't need a computer....

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2