iPhone 4 IOS4.1 Jailbreak + Network Unlock

VikG

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I have just got my new iphone 4 but it has come with IOS 4.1. I can see there isnt a way to jailbreak IOS4.1 but can I downgrade this to IOS4.01 and then jailbreak? If so how?

Also, this phone is locked to a network. How can I unlock this to be used on any network?

Thanks in advance.

jackie treehorn

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
you can not downgrade since you just got this device and have not been jailbroken on it before. The only way to downgrade a specific device is to jb it then in Cydia or with Tinyumbrella save your shsh blobs so in the future you can downgrade your device. So for now you just have to sit tight and wait for the new jb to be released

As far as an unlock, again you must be jailbroken for this to work and make sure your baseband is one that can be unlocked. Look here to see if you can, once the jb is released, unlock your device.

Last edited:

VikG

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply. I will await the release of the new jailbreak. Where would I find out any updates about the release?

Also my baseband (is this the model firmware) is 02.10.04 so can this not be unlocked at all? ( i mean after the jailbreak is released)

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
Thanks for the quick reply. I will await the release of the new jailbreak. Where would I find out any updates about the release?

Also my baseband (is this the model firmware) is 02.10.04 so can this not be unlocked at all? ( i mean after the jailbreak is released)

Best bet is on twitter...

As for your BB, no there is no current unlock for that and from what I gather no one has begun to work on it. MuscleNerd is usually the lead dev on unlocks...

crystus

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Best bet is on twitter...

As for your BB, no there is no current unlock for that and from what I gather no one has begun to work on it. MuscleNerd is usually the lead dev on unlocks...

Planetbeing is also good to follow as he loves the baseband.

seenda

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem, i got the iphone 4g come with 4.02, i am still waiting the jb release out, any one knows when it comes out? For the 4.2 Beta was released by apple, i am worried no one works on the jailbreak 4.02.

Miggs2002

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
i read somewhere from one of the DEV team that the JB is being concentrated on for now, once that is working and released they may look into the unlock, but with more and more devices no coming unlocked from the provider or from apple i don't know if it will be as important to them as the JB

VikG

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem, i got the iphone 4g come with 4.02, i am still waiting the jb release out, any one knows when it comes out? For the 4.2 Beta was released by apple, i am worried no one works on the jailbreak 4.02.

Once the new jb is out I guess you can upgrade to 4.1 then jailbreak?

Also, with regards to network unlock, how do you know if the sim is network locked. I do not want to cut my existing sim to a micro sim and then find out as then i cant use my sim at all.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77