FaceTime and voice mail not working again

ducky

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
well i've deleted iphone delivery and bite because i did some ssh editing. reinstalled bite, facetime opens but when i call someone they get the invite but it just says connecting and keepsn churping on my end.

thanks for all your help

theringer

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
are you behind a router? I had this same issue, but i was running a server on my computer.

All i had to do was unforward the port (to my server) do a facetime call, then re forward 80 to my server and they coexisted peacefully after that

theringer

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys!

I know most of u aren't new to jb but, i'd like to tell u, i have a webapp for beginners. I hope it will be helpful for start jailbreak. Of course, all content is in english. It's called "I DO JB". I released it only 2 days ago. It tells u the most important thing what u have to know about jailbreak and cydia. This is my first webapp so pls feel free to let me know my mistakes. It doesn't require jb to install it. Thanks guys!

Ah so thats why, you wanted to post your own link, you arent interested in helping anyone, and you help with installous on your site.

Reporting your post and they'll probly ban ya

Last edited:

ducky

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
are you behind a router? I had this same issue, but i was running a server on my computer.

All i had to do was unforward the port (to my server) do a facetime call, then re forward 80 to my server and they coexisted peacefully after that
i'm sorry but i'm not sure. i just have the cable company broadband and a wifi signal i sign on to.

none of my deices are networked.

theringer

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
if you can look at the router and give me a make and model i might be able to walk you thru it.

Examples of make and model:

MAKE -- MODEL
Dlink -- DGL4300
Linksys -- WRT54G
Netgear -- WNDR3700

I can try to look up info to get you the username and password to log into it. With only one computer and your iphone, its easy as putting the iphone in the DMZ on it, making a facetime call, then turning off the DMZ again. DMZ instead of portforwarding cause its one or 2 clicks vs a handfull of port numbers having to be typed in.

Have to step out shortly but will check when i get back in like an hour

Reactions: ducky

theringer

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
ok, so would it be out of line for me to ask for a brief tutorial about the forwarding and unforwarding fix you mentioned?

besides the other info i posted, do you know how to get your computers ip address? If not, or you have no idea what that is even, dont stress, its all super easy. Might take a phone call to ya and just telling ya do this,this,this, click this, then that, press this, done instead of trying to type it all out lol

if you dunno what an ip is or etc, i need the following, none of it is personal info even.

Computer is running (win98, XP, 2000, vista, win7)?
computer connects to your isp by wired or wireless? (like the iphone connects to it wireless)

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Did you guys ever get this sorted? I was hoping there might be an easier solution for you, ducky.

For what it's worth, I also read that MobileLog (aka iLog) was causing FaceTime failures. You didn't mention having it, but it might be worth checking out. Process would be same as with iPhoneDelivery: delete, reboot (full reboot, not just turn off/turn on), try FaceTime again.

Good luck!

ducky

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
Theringer has been very generous and we are working on configuring my network. We haven't had a chance to touch base recently.

I work 2 jobs have a family and have a dad in icu, oh and am taking a college course. No excuses, we are all busy these days.

I do appreciate everyone jumping in to help me out!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2