Unable to restore

gern blanston

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I have a replacement iPhone 4 due to the proximity sensor, and I jailbroke it last night. I did the "make my life easier" thing, and I only installed Rock and My3G. This morning my Mail app crashed repeatedly on launch. I tried rebooting several times, uninstalling My3G and Rock to no avail. I connected to iTunes and attempted to restore to the 4.0.1 firmware that I have on my desktop, and it seemed to be going fine until I got a message that I was unable to restore. I didn't look closely enough at the message, so I didn't get an error number.

After all of that, though, my iPhone 4 remains jailbroken, and the Mail app started working again. I've put Rock and My3G back on, and everything appears to be fine.

What happened? I've tried to search for a similar thread, but I haven't found anything.

matthew23

Jan 5, 2009
Visit site
I had something similar as i had installed wifi sync and it would just stall on restore. i uninstalled and it worked fine again. But before I realized that was the problem, I just used another computer with itunes to restore. Just be careful not to restore to 4.0.2.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2