Email notification sound question

simonmason

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Some jailbreak app I installed changed my email notification to "You've got mail". Is there an app that makes changing the email notification sound easy? If not, can someone point me to the instructions to change it to something else? Thanks.

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like that's a Wallboard Theme. Go to "Wallboard" in settings, choose "Themes", wallboard Control panel opens, scrool up or down to "You got mail", uncheck it, Reboot out of "Wallboard". That should change your mail notification back to the default, beep. There are Themes you can download to change your "UISounds", that work with "Wallboard". I prefer to create and install my own.

simonmason

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I looked in Winterboard and figured out it was one of the themes I had selected - not a specific sound file. Is there a way to unbundle a theme and just change the notification sound? Thanks.

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
AOL's "You Got Mail" is a winterboard theme. As I stated earlier you can create your own UISound files and OpenSSH them to your Audio/UISounds folder. There are a number of Threads here that Fully Explain the steps to achieve that. It's quite simple once you do it once or twice and it's self gratifing knowing that you can and have control over your purchase and not relying on someone else to "Customize" your iPhone. Good Luck... Have fun... Do a search at the top for "Customizing UISound Files". They are very well written and can be followed with considerable ease...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2