Geo calls it quits

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
its funny that many people simply "cannot wait" for a jailbreak and want it NOW. there is still far to many good JB apps that just are not working with iOS4 yet, either visually (retina display) or technically (crashing and sending the iPhone to safe mode with each restart). Hell, there are still compatibility issues with the iPad and jailbroken apps.

its basically a waiting game right now. I want to see the 4.0.1 patch BEFORE a jailbreak, simply because I want to see if Apple gets this Prox sensor issue dealt with

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
It got too serious for him. People were constantly clamoring at him to get a jailbreak or a new unlock. It wasn't "fun" anymore. Can't blame him, I doubt many people donated ( though I did both with purplera1n and blackra1n ). The kid got a LOT of exposure, a google internship and speaking roles. Once he's out of college numerous firms will be paying top dollar for what his head can do. Best of luck to him.

bobdole3141

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
WOW, not his TWITTER account? What next, he cuts his arms off?

Cmon, what's twitter?

And i certainly don't sympathise with him. When i do generous things and ask nothing in return (and don't accept donations or other voluntary reimbursement), i know that there are 90% of people will say thanks and leave you alone, and 10% of people who pester you for more but talk like there's thousands of them.

This kid has his head up his own arse, oh boo hoo, poor me. Everyone's on at ME, they're all pestering ME. No, kid, a few people are, but now you're alienating everyone else who appreciated your efforts by lumping us all in the same category and you no longer have my sympathy.

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site

Cmon, what's twitter?

And i certainly don't sympathise with him. When i do generous things and ask nothing in return (and don't accept donations or other voluntary reimbursement), i know that there are 90% of people will say thanks and leave you alone, and 10% of people who pester you for more but talk like there's thousands of them.

This kid has his head up his own arse, oh boo hoo, poor me. Everyone's on at ME, they're all pestering ME. No, kid, a few people are, but now you're alienating everyone else who appreciated your efforts by lumping us all in the same category and you no longer have my sympathy.

right you are!

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site

Cmon, what's twitter?

if you can't post anything nice, don't post anything at all. :D

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i'm having a very hard time feeling sorry for him if indeed all the harassing was done online, even then he quite possibly enjoyed all the attention at one point

if people were showing up at his doorstep then that is a another thing for sure

just for the record i did donate to blackra1n, hopefully he will be back

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
You guys are all funny saying it's no big deal online. Do you know his twitter I'd be pissed off too if there were hundreds of senseless mentions and DMs. Do you get mad at getting spam emails? I can sympathise with him there were thread after thread in the JB forums for 3.1.2 all asking questions that had been answered in a thread or two above. I remember when Jailbreak if done wrong could brick your phone, now the tools are so easy that it has become mainstream and people don't know or care to understand the difference between Jailbreak and Unlock or are willing to wait to update the OS until a JB is out. I see his point and if he feels that way then good for him.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2