Error code when using Cydia

saephan28

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I just jailbroke my iphone 3gs with blackra1n and 1) when I try to add new sources it gives me error messages and 2) when my Iphone turns off and I try to turn it back on it tells me to connect to itunes which forces me to restore. Please help!!!

Last edited:

nillam1

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
I just jailbroke my iphone 3gs with blackra1n and 1) when I try to add new sources it gives me error messages and 2) when my Iphone turns off and I try to turn it back on it tells me to connect to itunes which forces me to restore. Please help!!!

Blackra1n is a tethered JB, which means you have to re-run blackrain & "MAKE IT RAIN" every time you power off/re-boot your iPhone! After each power off/re-boot, when you power back on, after the white Apple logo. When it the "Connect to iTunes" screen appears, plug into your PC & when iTunes opens, just shut it down. If you have automatic updates on, click cancel. Then run blackrain again, to "MAKE IT RAIN" & it will vibrate twice & re-boot. What firmware you using? I think you should be jailbreaking with "SPIRIT" now, instead of blackra1n. SPIRIT is un-tethered, so you can power off/re-boot anywhere, anytime. Research first, or wait until somebody confirms or corrects me. PEACE!!!!!! =)

saephan28

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. My firmware is 3.1.2 If I jailbreak it with spirit, would I have to restore my phone first and would I lose all my info on my phone?

nillam1

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. My firmware is 3.1.2 If I jailbreak it with spirit, would I have to restore my phone first and would I lose all my info on my phone?

No, I don't think you will lose all your info. Make a backup first, if you need to unlock your carrier, it involves more steps. You might also not be able to use 3.1.3., if you need to be unlocked. Research here & google to find out what you need to do. If you don't need the carrier unlocked then, I belive it's as easy as 1) restore, (if you were tethered & it sounds like you were) or if you have your shsh's on file with Cydia, like I did, I don't think you have to 2) Make a backup in your iTunes 3) Update firmware to 3.1.3. 4)Restore in iTunes to your backup 5) JB with the right "SpiritJb" from Spirit Research first because I've been reading that you should wait a couple days & upgrade to 4.0 then jailbreak "I'm not positive" because I'm just learning about it also. Wait for confirmation or until you've confirmed by researching. Also, if you are going to do the SPIRIT jb, between steps 4 & 5 is a good time to do stuff that you can't when your jailbroken. For me, I was unable to purchase additional "voice guidance" packages for my motionx gps drive app that I love. I was able to purchase 2 years extra from AppStore, no problem, before i re-jailbroke. Let me know what's up, k! If Im wrong could somebody please correct me, I'll be the first to admit when I'm wrong & Im just trying to help. =)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77