Help i broke it :(

ryan_morland

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys i have a jailbroken 1g 8GB ipod touch and whe i went to add the h t t p://cydia.hackulo.us/ source it turned off and now as far as i can get is apple logo :\ can anyone help i wopuld really appreciate it
thanks

aimetti

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
at any point did any cydia package try to update iphonefirmware /sbin ?

major issue with it right now that if it fails (which it does for many) it removes system files in the sbin , bin , usr/sbin directories which causes the phone not to boot.

Happened to me twice before i googled the cydia error. How i fixed it was I did a restore of my phone , jailbroke again , loaded cydia and only cydia and ran the essential upgrades right away. Then loaded rock and all my apps. Worked that time.

peanutgallery

Apr 4, 2010
www.thepeanutgallery.net
As big9erfan said you probably need to restore.

I'm unfamiliar with iPod touches but I assume they have a recovery mode. Search this forum or google how to restore as a new device from recovery mode. You'll lose everything on the iPod but it will be less of a paperweight and more of an iPod.

Last edited:

amac64

Aug 22, 2009
Visit site
I had the same thing happen to my 3gs 16GB. I updated the Cydia software and the next day it started getting very slow. I powered it off and then made it rain over and over and over and it would just turn off. Had to restore it to 3.1.3 and use Spirit to Jb...works great now... really a pain in the butt to have to reset up my categories...does anyone know why this happened, cause if it happened once, it'll happen again...

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
DFU RESTORE

Try the steps listed below, but make sure that you have downloaded the latest version of iTunes before attempting to do this.*

Put the iPhone into DFU mode so you can do an iTunes firmware restore follow these steps:

Step One
Open iTunes and connect the iPhone to your Mac or PC.*

Step Two
Press and hold the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button at the same time.

Step Three
After exactly 10 seconds, release the Sleep/Wake button. Continue holding the home button until iTunes pops up with a message telling you that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.

The iPhone screen will remain black. This is DFU mode. If you see the "connect to iTunes" screen, you've failed. That means ts in RECOVERY MODE and NOT DFU mode. *

NOTE***: It may take a few attempts to get your iPhone into DFU mode. Generally, I hold down both buttons then release the Home button just before I think the Apple logo would appear. If you are still holding both buttons down and you see the Apple logo you are holding them down for too long!

Step Four
Download from iTunes and install the latest firmware (3.1.3) and install it. Then, when it's done, simply either restore it from a previously created backup, or set it up as a new iPhone and re-sync all of your stuff back onto it.

Go to Spirit, download RC2, an jailbreak your iDevice.*

Let us know how it goes. :)

Reactions: Mustang5Oh

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2