Problem With Hands Free

Leevis1

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Hi
I have jailbroken my iphone and i am now on 3.1.2 (7D11).
I just bought a handsfree kit for my motorcycle (kinda goes in the helmet and uses a button to accept or end calls) but for some reason the button does not work.
At first i thought that this was because it was faulty but i have tried this on a friends iphone and the unit works correctly.
The only thing i can think of is that jailbreaking is doing something to 'deny' the pressing of this answer button.
Anyone else got a similar problem and resoloution? Its very strange.
Lee

Leevis1

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
The thing i really need to determine here (asap) is whether jailbreaking actually affects the 'answer' button on a hands free set.
I can go to 3.1.3 (official) if need be to get this working but cant work out whether its a fault on the iphone itself. I have tried a friends handsfree and the button to answer works on his but not on mine so it is either a faulty on the phone itself or something to do with the jailbreak itself. Just need to confirm which one before i send this back.
Thanks
Lee

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunately, there's no way to determine if it's just your phone unless you unjailbreak and try it.

kgvickers

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
My phone is jailbroken and it works fine will all the bluetooth devices I've tried (two BlueAnt z9i's and an Altec Lansing BackBeat 903).

I would try to find another jailbroken phone to experiment on before you go through all the hassle of un-breaking your phone.

I'm no expert here . . . (Alli, jump in and correct me if necessary) but IF your "ECID SHSH" is saved for 3.1.2 on Cydia then you can unbreak and force a restore to 3.1.2. Open Cydia and see if you have the text:

This device has SHSHs on file for Iphone OS: 3.1.2

If you've got the text, you may have other OS's listed also.

If you do not have that, a restore is going to force your phone to 3.1.3.

I've attached a screenshot from my phone.

Keith

Last edited:

Leevis1

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Hey i fixed it myself.
I did some 'xtreme' internet surfing and found some others who had a similar problem - turns out it is/was lint in the headphone jack.
Basically, if anyone has a headset that the 'answer' button does not work or pause mp3 etc, its more than likely to be a lint issue - the solution is to use a paperclip and pull out any lint in the socket :) works like a charm
Thanks for all your help
Lee

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lakeland Ghost