Why so many issues?

Krypto74

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
I've only been on thus site a few days but the majority of what I read in hr jb forum section seems to be problems with the process itself. Why so many issues with what seems to be a straight forward process? Is it the jb software itself? Trying to change/use to many applications or changes at once? Seeing all these issues makes me think that jb isn't such a hot idea after all?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Most of the issues come from people not reading and following directions. (Just like issues everywhere else in life.)

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
Also, most people don't come to these forums to tell everyone that their jailbreak process went perfect. People generally visit these type of forums because they need help.

Krypto74

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
Are there some general guidelines that people should be following when they look into before starting the process? I'm asking this because if I'm going to jailbreak, I want to be informed, and most of the posts that I see here have more to do with something being wrong with their phone and a resolution, not so much how to innoculate themselves from making mistakes. This isn't a shot against others who are just trying to figure their problems out, but maybe if there was more of a general thread that instead of listing steps to a successful jailbreak, it also listed some general "housekeeping" steps that people can take to prevent issues.

Just my .02 cents and I hope that doesn't seem intrusive or asking too much. :)

Diff

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
>> Most of the issues come from people not reading and following directions.

The issue (at least for me) is that there is no single reading source regarding jailbreaking a iPhone. Then I read this which adds to the confusion...

"Do NOT upgrade to iPhone 3.1.2 with blackra1n if you want to keep your unlock as doing so will result in upgrade of your baseband which will make it almost impossible for you to unlock."

The trick is searching out the various iPhone forums that discuss jailbreaking, posting questions, and get some clarification(s).

Maybe some others have been lucky to find some "one stop shopping" when it comes to a single source and directions regarding jailbreaking.

My $0.02 as a newcommer.