i need an expert on jailbreaking plz!

thermal64

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
hi guys one day i was looking for internet on my jailbroken ipod touch i left it on for a bit too long and it froze so i pressed the home button followed by the button on the top to put it in to hibernate and when i turned it on again it was frozen my touch screen wasn't working.So i had no choice because my ipod touch wasnt working! but to restore it and update it to the newest software now it has 3.1.2, but i thought it wouldnt get rid of cydia or winterboard but it did! if anyone could help me on to how to get cydia back i would be eternally grateful please im going on holidays soon so i dont have much time :)

Many thanks Thermal64

g1r_g3n1us

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
you should do a search for pwnage 3.1.4.... thats pwnage 3.1.4. its got an easy mode that seems appropriate. make sure you download the IPSW for you ipod touch...

have fun and good luck.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Actually, the simplest way (as long as you don't have a brand new iPod. Is to simply download blackra1n. Why is everyone recommending PwnageTool today?!

thermal64

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
thank you but im silly :p

you should do a search for pwnage 3.1.4.... thats pwnage 3.1.4. its got an easy mode that seems appropriate. make sure you download the IPSW for you ipod touch...

have fun and good luck.

ahhh where do i donload this pwnage thing and im sorry im not very good at computer stuff what is the IPSW? very sorry about this message and i didnt jailbreak my ipod on this computer i did it at a friends house so if that comes with the jailbreaking package i might be in a bit of a pickle.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Dude, just Update your iPod firmware to 3.1.2 through iTunes. Now, download blackra1n from blackra1n.com. Connect your iPod to your computer. Click "Make it rain" on blackra1n. Wait about 2 minutes.

That's it. Your jailbroken.

NOW, go to your homescreen. You'll have a new app called "blackra1n". Open it.

Click "Cydia" and install it.

Follow all instructions. When it asks, you are a GRAPHICAL USER.

Let the phone do it's thing. Then you're done.

g1r_g3n1us

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
*remember where I work* id 10 t error on my part. blackra1n is the supreme tool for 3.1.2 jailbreak for nublets <3 <3 thermal64 though glad your not afraid to ask questions.

thermal64

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
thanks guys for all your help great forums here with lots of friendly people and believe it or not but your argueing and debating is actually good and does help the whole forums so thank you all the submitters thanks so much

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
hi guys one day i was looking for internet on my jailbroken ipod touch i left it on for a bit too long and it froze so i pressed the home button followed by the button on the top to put it in to hibernate and when i turned it on again it was frozen my touch screen wasn't working.So i had no choice because my ipod touch wasnt working! but to restore it and update it to the newest software now it has 3.1.2, but i thought it wouldnt get rid of cydia or winterboard but it did! if anyone could help me on to how to get cydia back i would be eternally grateful please im going on holidays soon so i dont have much time :)

Many thanks Thermal64

Now that you got the help you needed I just wanted to correct a few things you thought. If your touch or phone is Jailbroken(JB) and you update to OEM Apple firmware it will wipe out the JB and therefore Cydia and other JB apps. If your phone freezes when you're JB you should always try to reboot it by holding down the power on top and home button until the screen turns black. Then power it back on, it make take a long time on the Apple logo when booting up just be patient unless it's taking an unreasonable amount of time. IPSW is the firmware file/package you can create custom ones this is Jailbreaking the phone by running it on the custom firmware. It doesn't matter which computer your phone is JB on it can be done on any computer especially if it's been restored fresh and you are re-JB. You just have to download the tool and install it on whichever computer you want to use to do the JB.

This is not directed at anyone in particular but if there are multiple tools to unlock there isn't a problem of mentioning one over the other. I myself prefer and always use pwnage tool for my own phone but I have used blackra1n and others at other times. So whichever you choose just make sure you search and find out the whole method before you start to JB.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I don't know where you got your jformRion, friend, but Pwnage Tool does NOT 'work around' the bootrom issues. It will NOT fix tethered jailbreaks. You're spreading around bad information man. You simply didn't have a phone that had the new bootrom. That's a far a it goes.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77