need help with isatin/ carbon ovation theme

Indygangsta

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
i cannot seem to set this up for the life of me. i have downloaded many instructions i dont see a live clock or anything please help

ny888

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
Did you install from Cydia or downloading the files and SSH'ing ? LiveClock is not part of the Cydia install. You must install LiveClock from Cydia and SSH the Carbon Live Clock files to your theme folder. Do not activate any of the 4 theme that Cydia LiveClock installs but only activate the Carbon LiveClock theme.

Reactions: Indygangsta

Indygangsta

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
i installed from cydia, i cannot seem to get any of it right, i have been looking through screenshots and so forth. i cant download the carbon theme it keeps sayin donate but it doesnt say its a paid theme. i dont get how to do the setup n springjump or what it is for. theme looks really nice and i wanted to give it a try im also not at all familar with ssh'ing im pretty advanced with alot of this technical **** but this is all confusin the crap outta me

Last edited:

ny888

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
Where it says donate, you can actually select free from the choices.

I sent instructions to someone a few days ago and got him started. I need him to send it back to me, then I can send it to you.

Indygangsta

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
^^^^thank you very much, i do not mind donating, i usually do, but i would like to make sure i have it working first. appreciate the help and quick replies

sargd66

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I installed Carbon black. I tried to set it up and realized it's outa my league, unfortunately. Anyone with instructions on how to please do post.

ny888

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
Ok - The other guy never sent back the instructions I wrote so I'll write them again from memory. I'll also provide screenshots of my pages showing you where blank icons was placed.

1. iSatin Carbon also needs these apps installed: 5 Icon Dock, 5 Column SpringBoard, Springjumps, Categories, iBlank, BlankNull
2. Install Carbon theme from CYdia
3. Make sure all other themes in WinterBoard are unchecked
4. Activate only Carbon theme
5. Go into Categories and create 4 directories exactly as spelled (case sensitive) - iPhone, Games, Apps, Misc
6. Open SpringJumps - there are pages numbered from 0- 8, make sure 0-6 are turned on, 7-8 are turned off
7. Now comes the tedious part but when you're finally done, it's worth it -
8. Look at the screenshot as well as a completed one, you need to move the icons to make it look like that.
9. The icons that have the arrow and number are the Springjump buttons, move those icons into that position on the page. Pressing those icons will make it jump to those SpringJump pages. Page 0 is the home page, page 1 is the Apple page and so on.
10. In order to make the icons move and stay where you want it to be, you'll have to create iBlank icons. Go into the iBlank app and create a bunch of blank icons
11. Move these blank icons to pages to force other icons into position. For example the home page has no apps on it, you need to put blank icons there to make it look that way.
12. My advice is to start page by page by moving all app icons off to a blank page at the end and fill with blank icons.
13. Then you can slowly delete blank icons and move app icons onto the page you want.
14. You'll notice you can only put 12 apps on a page because of the look. If you have more than 12 games, move 12 of them onto the Games page, then move the rest into the Games Categories folder.

Home Page -
260vf9l.jpg

Home page showing iBlank icons -
2hrcoyh.jpg

Apple page with iBlank icons -
2hz4js9.jpg

Work on one page at a time and you'll get the hang of it.

Indygangsta

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
hey thanks man, i was trying to get back on but there was a problem with my router. i was able to get it set up, thanks very much for your help, definitely appreciate your time and repped

Indygangsta

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
i have also found that icons that dont go with the theme, i put in the icons under the names on the side, they are the folders and it looks very clean and professional, just dont like that the safari is towards the back. if you tell me how to post screens from an iphone i can post up pics, not a big deal unless you are curious about how it looks, also installed the sbsettings theme looks sick!!

ny888

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
Take screen shots by pressing Power and Home button at the same time. Then you can upload to a site like tinypic.com and it gives you the url to paste into the forum.

If you need icons to match the theme, you can request it at the macthemes forum with screen shots and names and they turn them around pretty quick.

sargd66

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
@ny888
Great instructions you typed up to help people set up this theme!!! Got it all set up and working without a problem. Pain in the A** moving around the blanks trying to set the page apps up how you want it. But any idea why there is no Carbon Black for SBsettings, they have all the colors except black. Or am I jusy missing it somewhere? Again thanks for your effort typing up them instructions!!

sargd66

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
Anyone know what this weather widget attaches to for the temperature? It doesn't match my iPhone weather or the weather channel so I'm not sure what it references to for the temp.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2