Iphone activation.....

dvigue

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
I have a Iphone 2g that i jailbroke and unlocked. I use to have the 3g, and when i would restore my phone, i woudl activate it with my sister in laws ATT sim so i could get push emails. after the restore, i would insert the sim, and it would say "activating phone"

for some reason with my 2g, i cannot do it? itunes will launch and it will make me either log into my existing att account, or register a new account and select a plan, where my 3g, would just activate.....is this new from Apple? or is it because it is the 2g phone?

that sucks, cause i am on tmobile and i love the push on the iphone when activated properly..

any help would be greatly appreciated..

teryan2006

Jun 14, 2009
Visit site
Different

The activation for the 2G is different from the iPhone 3G. Rather than activation over the air through the carrier like the 3G, the 2G activate by connecting through your computer's internet connection to Apple's server. And in this case, the server doesn't see your iphone as a registered iPhone 2G user.

dvigue

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
man does it suck without my push notifications...is there anyway around this? i cant beleive no one has fixed the push issue with hactivated phones yet :(

erasat

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
I have Hactivated 2 2Gs and I have this stubborn 2G that doesn't seem to allow the Push even using the public released Push Fix, people say that if it has been hactivated the Push won't work, well I have the other one that has never missed a single Push Notifications, and other 3G hactivated also, that hasn't been missed a Push either.

Believe me and save some time, if you are already having problems with Push notifications, just go to this site . After more than 2 months trying dozens of tricks, it has been the only way that I have my Push notifications back in this 2G.

erasat

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Just keep trying, last time I checked was like that, but then on Friday I went to the site and made the purchase and that iPhone is now Pushing perfectly.