Cydia - Icy - Rock Questions

Chaos_Fonez

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
Are Cydia apps also in the Icy or Rock app? Such as themes or games. Since we are all used to Cydia will Rock or Icy have the same third party apps in it? Also is it safe or should i say jailbreak compatible to have two or even all three apps installed?

Any thoughts!
I always thot Cydia waz the best as in safer than Icy

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Don't really much care for icey, but I think what apps each has is going to depend on what repositories are installed. With Rock's upgrade you will find most of what is in cydia, but both have certain things the other doesn't. I personally run both.

Chaos_Fonez

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
Don't really much care for icey, but I think what apps each has is going to depend on what repositories are installed. With Rock's upgrade you will find most of what is in cydia, but both have certain things the other doesn't. I personally run both.

Fantastic... I will b running both Rock and Cydia soon. I can't wait to jailbreak. LOL i'm literally nibbling on my lip and nails ahah.

sargd66

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
@shutter
so if I download winterboard in cydia along with themes and what not, then download themes in Rock they will still work with the winterboard from cydia. I guess what I sm wondering is do you have to watch what you mix and match if you are downloading from both cydia and rock? I hope I am explaining well with what I am trying to explain.

Chaos_Fonez

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
@shutter
so if I download winterboard in cydia along with themes and what not, then download themes in Rock they will still work with the winterboard from cydia. I guess what I sm wondering is do you have to watch what you mix and match if you are downloading from both cydia and rock? I hope I am explaining well with what I am trying to explain.

I believe Rock may have winterboard app in it. Cuz he xplained that the Rock app has most of the same apps as in Cydia. Who knows go check it out.

sargd66

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I went ahead and installed Rock. Seems they are pretty much the same. Rock is definitely alot more user friendly than Cydia. Rock actually recognized and loaded all my downloaded cydia apps into it's package sources. I will probably end up uninstalling cydia from my iPhone. Rock is really nice!

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
As far as mixing and matching goes you should be fine. In my understanding rock uses cydias apt data to load apps and what not. So it is basicly a skinned cydia. I have yet to have trouble finding anything in rock.

sargd66

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
As far as mixing and matching goes you should be fine. In my understanding rock uses cydias apt data to load apps and what not. So it is basicly a skinned cydia. I have yet to have trouble finding anything in rock.

Yep works great!! I have downloaded a couple of things already. SOOn as I can figure it out I will uninstall Cydia and only use Rock.

sargd66

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
Nope there will be no problems. But there are some apps released only in Cydia and some only released in Rock. I still have both installed and will keep both.

epic118

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
I personally only use Cydia. I have known Cydia for NEARLY all of my iPod touch life, and it's amazing. Every time I installed Rock, however, I'd get a virus (well, at least I think it's a virus) where my iPod goes all haywire and and little icons of my apps start going on my status bar. And I re-jailbroke today to find the problem was still there. This is what I installed:

- install0us (never had problems with this prior to today)
- MIM (never had problems with this prior to today)
- Orbit (this changed my carrier to a strange-font, seeming suspicious)
- WinterBoard (I have NEVER had problems with this)

Any ideas?

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Orbit and Winterboard will only slow down your iPhone/iPod Touch due to the amount of ram they use.

Install0us as I recall is more for cracked/pirated apps and that is not discussed here.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2