Anyone hear yet?

CrazRid

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Hi guys, i heard they released jailbreak for 3.1.2 version without unlocking. Since i upgraded my version to 3.1.2 and i was hoping they might release an unlock for 3.1.2 version. I really don't want to jailbreak my phone, all i want to do is change the carrier because i wont be using rogers, and my Friend was using Rogers and he gave me his iPhone because he didn't like it very much because he got a blackberry for work. I called Rogers Yesterday and i asked if theres anyway they could unlock it and they said " No we currently can't unlock the carrier, the carrier is locked. The only way you could unlock it is to take to a special 3rd party store where they can unlock cellphones for you. " So i started looking up on googles for Toronto Cellphone Stores and i found couples and they said they are trying/releasing in couple weeks the 3.1.2 version, and they said the cost is around 30-40 dollars. Since I know the older versions were unlockable for free.. and i was hoping they might be an unlock for the 3.1.2 version for free..( Note: im not really cheap to pay 30-40 dollars, i just want to know if i could get the program for free instead paying).

So im here to ask if anyone hears or has seen blogs or on twitter that geohot,blackra1n, etc.. that are releasing unlock and if not, would any of you guys post on their forums or find out if they will be releasing and ask when is it going to be released.

Thanks guys for your support.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
There is currently no unlock for 3.1.2 and if you upgraded to that from iTunes. No one knows if or when it will even be possible because you cannot downgrade the baseband needed to unlock as you could in past versions.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Well I don't know what they could do. The "hackers" have said there is no way to unlock this version. But no one knows if or when they might be able to do it.

CrazRid

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Well okay, ill see with these guys that said in 2 weeks.. But are the dev team tryin to hack, or look and find ways to do it?

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
Well okay, ill see with these guys that said in 2 weeks.. But are the dev team tryin to hack, or look and find ways to do it?

I'd be surprised if this was true. There are a number of "vendors" out there selling unlocks and making promises about unlocking the iPhone. I would advise against listening to these promises. The Dev Team is the one that has proven to be most trust worthy in providing the unlocking. Plus, the unlock they release is free.

djsambroak

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
whats this i hear about the 2g being able to downgrade the baseband though? I havent been told how to do it yet, but im asking around. if you have a 2g you might be in luck.

at least when they come out with the unlock. I think.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm in Toronto, I've JB and unlocked my friend's phones and I've had my phones unlocked by friends before I knew how to do it myself. I've also read threads on here that have really taught me alot of things. So here's the info which is in 3 or 4 threads already so you should search and you would have found the info quick. When you upgrade to 3.1 and above it upgrades the baseband for the modem. The new version makes the phone unable to be unlocked currently, and maybe forever or a very long, long time. You can still JB the phone. There is an app in Cydia called fuzzyband and 3G fuzzyband that might downgrade the baseband to pre 3.1 which would enable you to unlock the phone. I haven't heard of anyone successfully using it so I can't tell you if it works or not. So there is nowhere you can take the phone, paid or not that would be able to do it. Which carrier was the phone locked to?

At this point you can wait for the possibility of a future unlock or you can sell the phone as locked to whatever the previous carrier was and buy an unlocked iPhone with the money.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2