cydia update

djdan00

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
There is a new version of cydia out.
I have installed it but it has a page that says do I want cydia to make my life easier and stop apple from stopping me from jailbreaking. Or there is an option to not to this process.

Anyway know what it actually does??

dieselboy28

May 1, 2009
Visit site
Not sure, I haven't installed the update yet. I've learned from past experiences to not update immediately. I'll let everyone else make sure that it doesn't cause any issues.

xultar

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
It grabs the ECID SHSH with the iBEC and the iBSS too. At least I hope so.

Seems like Saurik thinks 3.1 is coming out this week also. I upgrade and jailbreak all @ the same time so I hope that the JB is ready.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Xultar, why would Cydia grab the iBEC and iBSS and my ECID? What's the purpose of gathering that information?

xultar

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Xultar, why would Cydia grab the iBEC and iBSS and my ECID? What's the purpose of gathering that information?

Well, that was my best guess @ what it is doing.

BTW don't we need these files for the 3.1 update. I'm hoping it grabs them and stored them where I can get to them on my phone easily via SSH or something like that.

Trying to grab them is hard unless you used one of the tools out there to grab them. I have mine on my laptop already.

xultar

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Not sure about having it stored on someone elses server! Privacy issues?

I'm not so sure it would be stored someplace else. I'm still trying to find out.

I got this from athread discussing the update. Apparently Saurik is working with the Dev-Team and other JB developers to make the process of JB easier.

---Here is the reply one user received---
"Jay Freeman (saurik)
to me

show details 3:19 PM (1 minute ago)

I store them on my server, and am working with the various jailbreak teams on being able to have the tools just magically use my server to get what it needs.
-----------------------
So apparently it is stored on Saurik's server. I'm fine with that so I'm gonna go ahead and do it. I'll let you know what happens.
X

Last edited:

orrms

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
ECID on Cydia

When I go to Cydia Home page, it says "This device has a 3.0 ECID SHSH on file.
I understand why it's there, but how do we use or get to it?

I'm getting ready to do blackra1n, in the event something goes wrong, how would I use Cydia to get back to 3.0?
Thx MO

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2