redsn0w IPSW

AfricanKing5

Aug 27, 2009
Visit site
I've got redsn0w downloaded and never jail broke a phone before it's ask for a IPSW Firmwire? where is that at? how can i move forward?

AfricanKing5

Aug 27, 2009
Visit site
ok the damn thing keeps sayin once i extracted everytrhing there, says no matchs found in this folder as if the firmware program doesnt exist

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
You don't have to download it again. It's already in your Software Updates folder.

In the future, after allowing hidden files and folders to show:

Vista (I don't have XP): C:\Users\'username here'\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates

AfricanKing5

Aug 27, 2009
Visit site
I finaly found it
C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates

I end up using the 3.0 version not the 3.1 it wouldnt recgonize the 3.0.1 firmware

bek

Feb 28, 2009
Visit site
I am having thsame problem, however, i can only find the 3.0.1 version of the firmware. I cannot find 3.0. I have a 3G and am running Vista.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
You can find the IPSW that you need here. Go to the second dropdown where it says iPhone, and then make sure you get your iPhone type and the 3.0 file.

bek

Feb 28, 2009
Visit site
I have downloaded that file more than once. It gives me two download options, to download as a Compressed (zipped) file, or All Files. I have tried both and niether one work right. When I open Redsnow and click browse,it just eventually talkes me to an empty folder. For some reason, I can choose the 3.0.1 version, but it will not recognize it and i cannot go any further.

AfricanKing5

Aug 27, 2009
Visit site
I have downloaded that file more than once. It gives me two download options, to download as a Compressed (zipped) file, or All Files. I have tried both and niether one work right. When I open Redsnow and click browse,it just eventually talkes me to an empty folder. For some reason, I can choose the 3.0.1 version, but it will not recognize it and i cannot go any further.

its cause if ur jail breakin a 3gs Iphone u need to use redsnow 8.0 the latest and great to read 3gs firmwire

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2