Need some help!

bballsportz

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
So I've been contemplating lately about jailbreaking my iphone. I have the 3gs right now and it's great.

I would really like to know what the pro's and con's are of jailbreaking, basically what would make me want to do it?

Also, would I still be able to download apps from the app store and sync with my itunes?

Thanks!

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
So I've been contemplating lately about jailbreaking my iphone. I have the 3gs right now and it's great.

I would really like to know what the pro's and con's are of jailbreaking, basically what would make me want to do it?

Also, would I still be able to download apps from the app store and sync with my itunes?

Thanks!

The pros of jailbreaking are that you would be able to install a wealth of apps that are available only to Jailbreakers. In my case I have jailbroken in the past because of an app called iBlacklist which would allow me to directly send to VM or drop completely any phone number as well as SMS.

You can also do themes and change the look and feel of the phone with an app called Winterboard. One of my favorite things to to was to change the weather icon to show the current weather, just like the calendar app shows the current date.

The cons as I see it for the iPhone and iPhone 3G were that after sometime your phone would get sluggish and you had to reboot. No big deal. The con for the 3GS seems to be no push notification. Thats why I have not jailbroken yet. Not sure if this has been fixed yet.

One other thing to consider is that since there are some bugs with 3.0 Apple may release 3.01 in the near future. If your are jailbroken then you'll have to wait till 3.01 is jailbroken unless you don't mind loosing the JB functionality.

Hope this helps.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2