How to upgrade to 2.2.1 without unjailbreaking?

WhySoSerious

Apr 23, 2009
Visit site
I want to keep all of my apps and music and movies and stuff and want to upgrade to 2.2.1 from 2.2 WITHOUT unjailbreaking my iPhone. Its already jailbroken.

How do I do this? I use windows Vista.

p.s. I had 2.2.1 and downgraded to 2.2 and now want to get it back to 2.2.1.

Thanks

Last edited:

macnkat

Mar 15, 2009
Visit site
On this same line...when the new 3.0 update comes out and I plug my jailbroken phone into iTunes, will it put the new OS on and remove the jailbreak, or will I have to restore the phone first and then do the update?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
On this same line...when the new 3.0 update comes out and I plug my jailbroken phone into iTunes, will it put the new OS on and remove the jailbreak, or will I have to restore the phone first and then do the update?

Unless Apple comes up with a way to ruin your phone because of a jailbreak then I don't think you should be worried. Simply just update... but don't use a backup file. Start from scratch.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Didn't Apple already say they wouldn't do that again? :eek:

It is very unlikely that would happen, but I suppose anything is possible. I wouldn't worry about it, you should be safe. Think of all the jailbroken iPhones out there today, Apple would be fools to brick all of those devices.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
I've never really seen the necessity to doing this. There really wernt too many fixes, and I can endure the random crash once in 2-3 weeks in safari.. Im definitely going to wait till 3.0 before updating firmware. Cant wait for it!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77