Absinthe for 5.1.1 and MyWi 5.50.11

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Anybody have this combination work for them? It's not working for me... my iPad connects to the iPhone, but no data will go from the iPad to the internet via the iPhone.

Edit: noticed this was post #2000 here... how 'bout that. :D

Last edited:

johnwag

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Same problem here on a Verizon iPhone 4 after Absinthe jailbreak on 5.1.1 . Worked ok on 5.0.1. I tried resetting MyWi to defaults, remove-reinstall, but no luck. The client gets an IP from MyWi, and I can ping the MyWi gateway IP of 192.168.20.1, but no traffic flows to/from the 3G connection. The up/down indicator shows 0 bytes transferred.

I tried it from an iPad client and a Win7 laptop, same results on both. Same result on USB tethering as well.

I emailed Intelliborn, so we'll see if a solution comes soon.

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Don't you guys have the personal hotspot setting.

I tether on my phone using a tweak called tetherme on my iphone 4. Not sure if it works on the 4S though.

Give it a try though.

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
My first jailbreak and MyWi was my first Cydia install. It did not work for my Verizon iPhone 4S. I spent an hour trying all the troubleshooting tips provided by the MyWi folks before giving up.

I downloaded PDAnet and it automatically uninstalled MyWi. Started it up and it worked immediately. No muss, no fuss. And it was fast! I'm a happy camper.

Reactions: Padron26

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
My first jailbreak and MyWi was my first Cydia install. It did not work for my Verizon iPhone 4S. I spent an hour trying all the troubleshooting tips provided by the MyWi folks before giving up.

I downloaded PDAnet and it automatically uninstalled MyWi. Started it up and it worked immediately. No muss, no fuss. And it was fast! I'm a happy camper.

All good then. Glad you are all sorted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

It's good to know that it was not just me with MyWi issues...

I tried PDAnet too - but didn't have success with that either. Will have to play around with that some more... which repo did you get PDAnet from?

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
... which repo did you get PDAnet from?
I'm totally new to the jailbreak community, so I'm not familiar with the term "repo". I used the search function on Cydia and typed "pda". The first choice was PdaNet 5.36 by June Fabrics. That's what I installed.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm totally new to the jailbreak community, so I'm not familiar with the term "repo". I used the search function on Cydia and typed "pda". The first choice was PdaNet 5.36 by June Fabrics. That's what I installed.

Repo=repository in the jailbreak world... or, which developer's "storefront".... I'll give that a go when I've got some time to play. Thanks for the info.

edit: PDAnet installed, runs fine...

Last edited:

Padron26

May 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I couldn't get wimy to work either, we'll hopefully just have to wait for them to update.

I have vzw hotspot feature for $20, but it always disconnects.
PDA net works great, thanks drewbear

Reactions: donpatty5

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
It's good to know that it was not just me with MyWi issues...

I tried PDAnet too - but didn't have success with that either. Will have to play around with that some more... which repo did you get PDAnet from?

I've been having the same MyWi experience. I'm waiting on pdaNet to install, now.

FWIW, it says that an unregistered/free version of PDAnet will block any "secure" sites. It can be registered (I haven't checked the price) at PdaNet for iPhone Purchase Agreement. So maybe it WAS working for you, but you were trying to get to a "secure" site (whatever that means)?

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
It seems that PDAnet's connection cannot be shared with iPhones.

i.e. I'm using PDAnet on my iPad. My laptop can connect to its signal, but my iPhone cannot.

I guess it's a useful solution until MyWi gets fixed. I sure hope so, anyway, because I did pay for MyWi. And, as I recall, it was not cheap.

dieselboy28

May 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm really disappointed to hear that mywi isn't working on 5.1.1. I was going to buy it today, as I really wanted to use my iPad on 3G. Hopefully the dev gets it sorted quickly. For a $20 app I'd hope they would.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
I'm really disappointed to hear that mywi isn't working on 5.1.1. I was going to buy it today, as I really wanted to use my iPad on 3G. Hopefully the dev gets it sorted quickly. For a $20 app I'd hope they would.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

My thoughts, exactly. I paid for it and would hate to see that go to waste.

nheilweil

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Same here :-(

Same issue here after Absinthe jailbreak on 5.1.1 on AT&T iPhone 4S. MyWi worked fine on 5.0.1.

Tried remove-reinstall, changed channel, removed security so it's just open, changed SSID name but no luck.

The client gets an IP but no traffic flows to/from the 3G connection -- up/down indicator also shows 0 bytes transferred.

I tried it from my "new iPad" client, a Windows 8 laptop, and an iPod and get the same results. Same result on both USB and Bluetooth tethering as well.

Also, once I jailbroke my new iPad, I installed and tried the "on demand" feature and as expected, same results -- it connects but I don't get any data.

Let's hope it gets updated!

johnwag

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I exchanged a couple of emails with Intelliborn support yesterday. They're aware of the issues with MyWi on ios 5.1.1 with Absinthe, and the developer is working on it.

johnwag

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Yep, just tried it and works on mine too. Thanks! I did notice the "tethering bar" in use indicator doesn't seem to work on mine in the version released this morning, but I can live with that for now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigBawseEB