Has the Matching of ITM seemed quicker for anyone else with the new iTunes?

jlb21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
So we are still using an XP machine at home (I know I know....no need to tell me my machine is at risk with support officially dropped). Thus, any uptick in speed or processing or the like is always noticable by me.

I really feel like something about iTunes is much quicker. I cannot say concretely, but let me try and provide some anecdotal evidence.

Typical scenario might be having picked up a few CDs at a flea market over the weekend. I rip them but don't run Match (update) until just before going to bed. It seems (or seemed) to me like the process to run the matching always takes forEVER, and often songs need to get uploaded when I just don't understand why (for instance 9 out of 10 songs on the same album are matched but 1 has to get uploaded).

Now, I really feel like things are quicker. It's hard to explain. But the best analogy I can make is when I run iTunes on my work laptop (where, thus, everything is in the cloud), and I rip 1 CD to my work laptop, the initial library data gathering zips right by and any uploading kicks off right away (or at least it seems).

Anyone else seeing any improvements along this line?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Being that I do not use a Windows machine, I cannot compare, however, I can say that iTunes works and have worked well with my MacBook (early 2009 model)....:)....Whether it's quicker now than before, I cannot tell.